Wanted Looking for Newt/Salamander keepers in Washington - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Old 12-21-2016, 01:16 AM   #1
sdeCO
Looking for Newt/Salamander keepers in Washington

Hey everyone,

As you may know there was a ban implemented in January of this year making it illegal to import or ship 201 species of newt and salamander across state lines.
So i am trying to find all the newt/salamander keepers in my state that i can, to get an idea how how many of us there are and what species are in the state. I only know of 2 other keepers besides myself and i have done a lot of looking online, so it seems there might not be too many of us.

If you are in Washington and keep ANY newt or salamander species, i'd love to hear what you've got! You can reply to this post or shoot me a PM

Thanks,
Seth
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-06-2017, 04:43 PM   #2
Boophis
Hello Seth,

I keep Pleurodeles waltl and axolotls. The ribbed newts are breeding now and I currently have a small amount of eggs and two more very plump females. I have both wild type and leucistic.

I would also be interested in knowing what other species are currently in the State.

Sarah

Old 01-06-2017, 10:03 PM   #3
sdeCO
Thanks for the response Sarah!

I've got 4.1 leucistic P. waltl, but would like to maybe get a wildtype or two in the future. Will probably need to rehome two or three of the leucistics though.

I also have 1.1 Taricha granulosa, 1.2 Tylototriton yangi, 3.1 Cynops cyanurus, 2.2.1(?) Cynops orientalis, 1.2 Ambystoma talpoideum, and 0.0.4 Salamandra s. salamandra. Hoping for some breeding action in the spring.

I also know Neurergus kaiseri and N. strauchii are in the state, as well as Triturus marmoratus.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-03-2017, 03:32 PM   #4
Boophis
Hi Seth,

I am currently raising about 30 P. waltl larvae. If everything goes well I should have a small number available in the future if you are interested. I would be interested in some Taricha or C. cyanurus or C. orientalis if you have any successful breeding this season.

Sarah

Old 02-03-2017, 04:28 PM   #5
sdeCO
Awesome, i'm upgrading my P. waltl to a bigger tank where i should be able to get more. I'll let you know if any of those species breed! Maybe we could trade animals. My email is sdeamphibians@gmail.com if you have any more questions
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!