Bad Guy Michael Lawton - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-19-2018, 02:59 PM   #1
SteveDLS
Michael Lawton

Why oh why didn’t I listen to good advice! I was warned by several people not to do business with Michael Lawton; however, when I confronted him about it he stated that was a long time ago and things were different now. I believe people deserve second chances and believed him. He is not only skipping payment right before Christmas but is using PayPal as a weapon in retaliation for spite. Never ever do business with Michael Lawton!

This customer, Michael Lawton, agreed to pay $800 in payments for wholesale shipment of Corn Snakes which according to our K&S Exotics payment plan the first 25% is non-refundable.
Here is a picture on our business page where we state our payment plan:
(K&S Exotics Payment Plan.jpg)
He agreed to the 25% non-refundable payment and he agreed to terms which were $150 paid now then $120 paid every Wednesday. He made first weekly payment; but, I agreed to skip the payment of the 26th for Christmas. On 12-19-2018, he stated he could not make payment which breaks our agreement. I told him I would refund $70 because he already paid $270 of the $800 and $200 is non-refundable. He said that out of spite he would file a claim with PayPal. I am attaching the most relevant of our conversation as proof of his agreement to the terms. The entire conversation can be copied for you upon request but is not relevant to case.
In this conversation he agrees to terms and to pay $150 on 5th:
(M. Lawton Conversation.jpg)
In this next clip, he agrees to the payment plan of $120 to be paid every Wednesday. I also re-iterate to the customer that the first 25% is a non re-fundable deposit which he agrees by stating, “I still want them”:
(M. Lawton Conversation2.jpg)
Here he pays the $150:
(M. Lawton Conversation3.jpg)
Here is the first weekly payment on Wednesday the 12th:
(M. Lawton Conversation4.jpg)
Today is Wednesday 19th and I remind him here that weekly payment is due:
(M. Lawton Conversation5.jpg)
The following are where he breaks agreement and for spite files a PayPal complaint:
(M. Lawton Conversation6.jpg)
(M. Lawton Conversation7.jpg)
(M. Lawton Conversation8.jpg)
(M. Lawton Conversation9.jpg)
(M. Lawton Conversation10.jpg)
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2018, 03:08 PM   #2
SteveDLS
More pictures

More pictures
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #3
bcr229
In your OP there are references to ten images but you've only attached 8. Can you attach the last 2 please?

Also did you do a BOI search here on Lawton before agreeing to sell to him? Because I wouldn't sell him a rubber snake never mind a live one.

Finally, if his finances are so tight he can't pay the electric bill, why the heck is he purchasing $800 worth of snakes?

Old 12-19-2018, 03:24 PM   #4
SteveDLS
There are actually 11 images

Hello, I am trying to post the remaining images but the website system will not let me. It keeps telling me I already posted these images (which I have not) and that I can not post duplicates. I will wait a few minutes and try again . Sorry about that.

Old 12-19-2018, 03:25 PM   #5
SteveDLS
images

more images
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2018, 02:44 AM   #6
LauraB
Why, oh why didn't you listen to good advice? Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Also sorry that you are dealing with Lawton. In the end, he will have no chance of "winning" with Paypal. Thanks for posting, and in the future refer to the BOI for searches / info on potential buyers, as Melinda suggested.
Here are two previous "bad guy" posts about him:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...Michael+Lawton

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...Michael+Lawton

Old 12-21-2018, 11:01 AM   #7
SteveDLS
Thanks LauraB! Your right I should have listened the the "bad guy" posts here on him. Live and Learn! I will always check this site first from now on. Thanks again !

Old 12-21-2018, 12:20 PM   #8
bcr229
Has he filed the disputes yet? It will be interesting to see how it plays out since PayPal does not offer buyer protection for stuff purchased using a payment/installment plan, but OTOH you never did ship anything because the buyer never paid in full.

Old 12-21-2018, 12:56 PM   #9
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
PayPal does not offer buyer protection for stuff purchased using a payment/installment plan
I had thought they were going to change that in November in the U.S., not sure if they did.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:30 PM   #10
SteveDLS
bcr229, Yes he file a dispute with PayPal and I am still waiting their results. I will post here when I know. And, yes, I never shipped to him since he did not finish paying. Thanks for the comment .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!