Bad Guy Michael Lawton - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-25-2018, 08:21 AM   #21
SteveDLS
KNOBTAIL, you make some very good points! I did not think about the consequences of using Friends and Family for deposits but PayPal might interpret that as avoiding the 3% fees like you stated. Someting to really think about. After the holidays I am doing research on some of the other services like Square and Google Pay. Thanks again for the help and advice !

Old 12-27-2018, 01:42 PM   #22
MissFirefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDLS View Post
I woke up Christmas morning to have Michael Lawton calling me an A**HAT on my own business Facebook page. He commnented multiple times on my page. To me, this is the ultimate low, commenting directly on my business page but I wouldn't expect anything less from this guy. I did not know you could ban someone from your page but I learned you can and he is now banned from commmentng on my business page. He also messaged me and stated he dropped the PayPal case and he wanted his refund immediately. I checked and indeed he dropped the case. Unlike, Michael Lawton, I do what I am going to say and I will refund his $70 as I said on the 2nd of January (as long as the bank is open, might be a holday).
Think taking the high road, refunding, and wiping your hands of this entire situation is your best bet.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:48 PM   #23
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDLS View Post
I woke up Christmas morning to have Michael Lawton calling me an ASSHAT on my own business Facebook page. He commnented multiple times on my page. To me, this is the ultimate low, commenting directly on my business page but I wouldn't expect anything less from this guy. I did not know you could ban someone from your page but I learned you can and he is now banned from commmentng on my business page. He also messaged me and stated he dropped the PayPal case and he wanted his refund immediately. I checked and indeed he dropped the case. Unlike, Michael Lawton, I do what I am going to say and I will refund his $70 as I said on the 2nd of January (as long as the bank is open, might be a holday).
Guess he's not laughing anymore.

Old 12-29-2018, 11:34 AM   #24
Keven2
Just saw this and had to Chime in. He has put money down on a pair of Savannah over a month ago and has done the same thing to me. I don't understand putting money down to buy something if you can't afford to pay for them. I've got excuses from him also. It's just strange he's putting deposits down on animals all over the place. If he can't afford to pay for them then I bet he won't be able to care for them. I'm gonna just refund him back his money. It's not worth the aggravation. You know you try to help someone out and it comes back to bite you in the butt.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:04 AM   #25
SteveDLS
Thank you for your comments MissFirefly & Guy Castro.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:06 AM   #26
SteveDLS
Keven2, thanks for you comment; sharing your experience should help poeple in the decision to deal with him. I am sorry you missed out on potentially selling your pair of Savannahs to a good customer instead of a flipper.

Old 12-30-2018, 12:53 PM   #27
Keven2
The funny thing is that I refunded him his money and he called me a prick lol. Most people wouldn't have gave him back his money and sold the animals to someone else. I really don't understand this guy at all! Trust me when I say THIS GUY IS A HEADACHE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY!

Old 12-30-2018, 08:34 PM   #28
SteveDLS
Keven2, WOW! it is people like him that give a bad vibe to this hobby; shame. Thanks again for sharing!

Old 01-05-2019, 07:23 PM   #29
SteveDLS
Michael Lawton dropped the PayPal case and took the $70 refund.

Old 01-05-2019, 10:56 PM   #30
nickolasanastasiou
Thank you for the update, Steven.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!