Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
MistyC
Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes

I'd really love to see this classified forum split into two. I'm not interested in corns, but I like a lot of other rat snakes. I don't usually go to that forum though because usually it's so flooded with cornsnake ads I don't want to bother having to carefully scan through pages of cornsnakes to see what other ratsnake classifieds might be caught between them...

Just a suggestion!

Old 02-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
You could always just search in that section of the classifieds for what species you are looking for as opposed to going through page by page.

Old 02-20-2011, 01:06 AM   #3
brd7666
A Corn Snake is a rat snake, it's called a Red Rat Snake.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:30 AM   #4
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyh View Post
I'd really love to see this classified forum split into two. I'm not interested in corns, but I like a lot of other rat snakes. I don't usually go to that forum though because usually it's so flooded with cornsnake ads I don't want to bother having to carefully scan through pages of cornsnakes to see what other ratsnake classifieds might be caught between them...

Just a suggestion!
It looks like she is aware that they are a type of rat snake. However, there certainly are not as many "morphs" of the other rat snakes as there are of corns. I could see the utility of having separate classified sections for someone not interested in red rats.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:52 AM   #5
MistyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
You could always just search in that section of the classifieds for what species you are looking for as opposed to going through page by page.
True, but there are several non-cornsnake ratsnakes which I have interest in, so it would be rather tedious to have to search for individual species.

And yes, I understand cornsnakes are a type of ratsnake They just happen to be the most popular and with the largest number of morphs, so I think they really deserve a classifieds section of their own.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
WebSlave
Truth of the matter is that the number of ads for ratsnakes other than corns does not justify a separate section for them.

The search function is your friend.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #7
timebider
Out of curiosity, Misty, what species are you looking for?

I used to wish for a split between the rats and corns classifieds (or old and new world rats) but Rich is right, the ad volume doesn't justify it.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:07 PM   #8
MistyC
Yeah that is true, sadly there probably isn't enough non-cornsnake ratsnake ads to fill another forum for them.

timebider: Rhinos, trans pecos, trinket, green trinkets, and mandarins are all on my favorites list!
I'm not actively in the market for all of those, but I like to look and see who has what for future reference

Old 02-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #9
timebider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyh View Post
timebider: Rhinos, trans pecos, trinket, green trinkets, and mandarins are all on my favorites list!
I'm not actively in the market for all of those, but I like to look and see who has what for future reference
I asked because I work with several species of Asian rats. Of the ones on your list, I have mandarins and rhinos, but both projects are still in the early stages. The only Asians I'm producing consistently now are Mocquard's, Coxi, cave-dwellers, and radiateds; but I think/hope I'm going to get lucky with my red-tailed green rats, laticinctus, and Moells this season.

I think the Asian rat market will get better as more people look for new project challenges and learn more about the various species...and some are "legislatively deterred" from keeping larger species like burms...

Old 02-23-2011, 04:43 AM   #10
darryl22medico
Got this picture and would like to post...

medical transcription training

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!