Blizzard ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-27-2004, 08:15 AM   #1
NdIndy
Blizzard ?

Howdy howdy. I'm fairly new to the wide array of boa morphs available. I have seen a few posts on a few sites regarding boas that are dh or pdh for blizzard, but I can't find any info anywhere about what a blizzard actually is. Can anyone help, maybe a pic?

thanks

Old 11-27-2004, 01:34 PM   #2
Sand&SunReptile
I don't have any pics for you. They have similar genetics to snow boas. Except, 1 key difference. Snow Boas are Albinos crossed with Anerythristic Type A's. Blizzards are Albinos crossed with Anerythristic Type B. That is the key difference, which makes the outcome different, because the different types of anery blood. Kind of like corn snake ghosts, with the use of different strains of hypo.

Old 11-27-2004, 04:41 PM   #3
LOSTNCONFUSED
the reason you cant find any pics is because...

a blizard hasnt been produced yet 4 breedings took place this year that could have (should have) produced the blizard but none did is it just bad luck that none were produced or is it that the type 2 anery just isnt compatible with the kahl strain albino ? only time will tell

Old 11-27-2004, 07:36 PM   #4
NdIndy
Ok, I thought anery was silver/black coloration. What is the difference between type a and b? Are the blizzards expected to look basically like a snow then?

Old 11-28-2004, 02:13 AM   #5
Sand&SunReptile
Aneries are lacking colored pigmentation. That means they are left with black, and all the grey scale colors. They can vary. And, type A and B very by the amounts of black, and grey pigmentations they have.

Old 11-30-2004, 04:13 PM   #6
NdIndy
Thanks for the info.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!