Bad Guy Alex Smith - lexxxx30 - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2015, 02:14 PM   #1
bigcountry
Alex Smith - lexxxx30

I purchased 1.1 Adult S. Brazilian Boas from Alex Smith, username here: lexxxx30.

He posted an ad about the fore mentioned snakes and I have been looking for some from specific bloodlines. He told me the history, and I confirmed it. I realized we were facebook friends, so I began messaging him about the snakes.

In addition to speaking on the phone, we messaged via facebook as this is my preferred method as there is a record.

I paid for the snakes and he shipped them on Tuesday, October 20th. When I inquired for a tracking number, he would not provide me with it and just to me to relax. I asked him which method he shipped, and he said he thought by 12 noon, which is not an option.

He actually picked UPS next day saver, which in my opinion dealing with animals is unacceptable. It can heat up on that metal box truck real fast. I am friendly with my UPS driver and know his route somewhat, so I drove around for 20 minutes until I found the UPS driver and asked if I could go ahead and get the package.

After learning that he shipped next day saver, and talking to several snake keeper friends, i decided to photograph as i opened the box.

It was NOT an insulated box, just a regular box and had 3 round cushy foam on top, then some bubble wrap folded underneath, then the snakes, then just a small amount of bubble wrap and underneath that, thin sheets of ridged cardboard.

I unpacked the 1st snake, the female and immediately I noticed her mouth was not closed completely. On each side it looked like she was either healing up or getting some sort of infection from mouth rot or some sort of abscess.

She also had a little big of a gurgle/crack when she breathed. I immediately messaged Alex and he did not respond and unfriended me.

The male also had some cracking/gurgle when he breathed but Alex had stated he was in shed. The male shed last night, and the cracking/gurgling is still then when breathing.

This transaction has been a huge disappointment and these snakes were not cheap or a throwaway, despite Alex treating them as such. I wish he would've been forthcoming about the issues as now I most likely going to have to take both snakes to the vet.

Did I get what I paid for? I believe absolutely not. Alex has recently sold some other animals and has a few others for sale, I would be very cautious about buying from him. He short cuts on the shipping, which along is pretty pathetic. On top of this, he will not disclose any issues the snakes have.

Please do yourself a favor and avoid.

Here are pics. 1st the shipping box.

Photos of the female, the mouth looks worse in person than the photos depict: