Good Guy Kasi Krauss aka Kasi (Party Gecko) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #21
s&tgeckos
I just recently bought and received a gorgeous red harlequin crested gecko from Kasi and I must say that I am beyond happy! Kasi is absolutely wonderful to converse, she answered all my questions on the little one promptly, her packaging was flawless and the little one arrived in perfect condition! Also, last year Kasi bought my leachie, that transaction was also wonderful and she still sends me updates which I love! Kasi is most definitely one of the best in this business and I won't hesitate to buy from or sell to her again! Thank you so much Kasi!

Old 07-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #22
dragonlvr64
Thumbs up

I purchased two cresties from Kasi and had a great experience! Super communication and care shown about her animals. Kids were packaged perfectly and I was very happy with the looks of them. Trusted her enough to purchase sight unseen . So I was very pleasantly surprised!

Old 07-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #23
GCHerps
Couldn't be happier!

After surfing many sites trying to find my prefect "birthday gecko" to add to my collection I found Kasi with party gecko. I couldn't be happier! I spent a good week to two weeks deciding if I was getting 1 or 2 and she always quickly responded and told me about each one. I ended up with the one I wanted originally! She kept me informed and shipped my little Versace (aka scout)! (S)he arrived safe and sound! Will definately be a repeat customer!

Old 07-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #24
Nat's Crazy Critters
Newest gecko from party gecko

I was searching on the Internet for another crested gecko to add to my collection and came across Kasi with party gecko enterprises. I fell in love with a pinkish rusty red Dalmatian boy. She was so nice and helpful with my purchase. I will definitely be going to Kasi at party gecko for future purchases!

Old 07-03-2013, 02:02 AM   #25
dvg78
Thumbs up party geckos

Hey Kasi,I just wanted to let you know that frack and owl arrived safely today and I am extremely happy with the both of them. They are even more beautiful then I could have possibly imagined! I knew the split second I saw frack I wanted him. He or she is a beautiful tri color harley,gorgeous markings! And I am glad you convinced me to purchased another one,because owl absolutely rocks that orange! Frack with that little white toe<3. I wanna thank you for doing such a great job packing them to. I will definitely be doing more business with you in the near future and be passing the good word about party geckos as well. I attend reptile shows throughout florida quite frequently, and I'll be sure to mention you Thanks again Kasi Truly,Doug VG

Old 07-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #26
Cresteds by slinky
Kasi your one of the best at what you do. I know your awesome at what you. Your passion shows through the health and quality of party geckos animals. Never had I questioned your ability to run and operate a successful breeding facility, I in turn have sold a beautiful male gecko to add to her already beautiful red lines. Kasi was awesome to work with and I will not hesitate at the of any further business whether it be buying or selling. I know she has her heart in the right place which as we all know is a rarity now a days, there are too many money driven entities that have one thing in mind ( MONEY ). Keep up the good work.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #27
nidastothehades
Post Comfort &Trust in a breeder like Kasi is unsual for me ...

My name is Kris Kutlik. This is my story, and how Kasi Krauss aka Party Gecko has helped shape my hobby into the blossom it currently is.

Two years ago October, I was helping long-time friend, Marcia McGuiness vend at the Sacramento Reptile show. While I wandered the halls and gawled at her friends' tables of animals, I made the decision to purchase a few crested geckos from varying breeders (none of which are Kasi, and are irrelevant at this time, as this post is about her) and felt satisfied with 0.0.4 cresteds; two of which were around 3g and the other two were about 6g. I named them, took them home, and was happy. I housed the two 3gs together, and the two 6gs together.

Tragedy would strike when one of the 6gs passed away, Jan 1st of 2012. An not a few hours later, the other 6g would pass away in my best friend's hands, myself sitting directly in front of her. Being emotional and irrational, I put it in my head that it was my husbandry (besides housing them together) that kill them (when it turned out to be parasitic) and I decided right then and there I didn't want to kill the two 3gs. I surrendered them to a local reptile shop, and knew they'd take care of them and they would be re-sold.

Now I'm no newbie to reptile care or the like. I'm confident in my leopard gecko care and even rehabilitation ... All of my other herps are incredibly healthy. I swore off crested geckos forever.

Fast forward to San Jose Herp show of 2012. I meet Kasi from Party Gecko towards the end of the day Sunday, the last day of the show. Her red harleys and high contrasting geckos looked great. As I complimented her animals, and told her my fear since loosing my first two, I was unable to buy. I was very upfront. She did not seem to mind me around even though I was clear I would not be purchasing animals from her. Instead of shooing me away for paying customers to come through, she asked what had happened. I explained my story. She nodded and sounded sympathetic to my loss. Then she did something I didn't expect. She began to explain how little I may have actually done wrong, and how it was highly unlikely that their deaths were directly my fault. I began to ask her question after question about husbandry of these little arboreal critters.

Question after question she did not tire. She had solutions and multiple ideas for each husbandry inquiry I had. Feeling satisfied for the moment, my friend who had accompanied me to the show, parted her table to look around the show.

My friend and I returned a few hours later, right before closing. I had more questions. Kasi seemed pleased that I was so curious and willing to make sure I did my research. It made me feel good that she cared about her animals and didn't just want to make a profit. She gave me her card.

I started to stalk her beautiful animals. I always looked at her iHerp and her photo updates. We stayed in touch here and there.

The October Sacramento Reptile Show rolls around in October again last year. My friend (same one that actually accompanied me to the San Jose Show) is helping Marcia vend with me. In trade, Marcia accepts a crested gecko from Geektrastic Reptiles and cash in trade from them for one of her normal phase N. Milli. Having no direct attachment or use for crested geckos, as she breeds Aussie geckos and Leopard geckos, she gives it to me, knowing I'll love it.

I'm terrified at this point. I house this little fella at my fiancee's house. He cares for him, feeding him CGD from Repashy, misting him, keeping him at a stable temperature, etc.

In Jan of this year, 2013, I move to Emeryville and meet some new roommates, one of which expresses her interest in reptiles. She drills me for questions about leopard geckos. She also expresses her dislike in bugs. Only one gecko came to mind. Crested Geckos. I first directed her to the East Bay Vivarium in Berkeley, CA. She goes to check it out. Unimpressed, she starts to loose interest. I text Kasi impulsively. She's enthused and invites my roommate and myself to her house where she breeds, and encourages my roomie to check her website to get an idea of who she'd like to meet.

Upon arriving, everything is tidy. Quaint house, save environment. Each gecko tub (and pet tubs) are labeled. Mind you, I also caught her in the middle of gecko cleaning time. She was comfortable enough with her tubs that she was unashamed to show the minorly dirty tubs. These must be changed frequently. The food looked fresh, even in the ones she hadn't cleaned yet.

It was obvious my roommate had definitely checked out her website, and had a few to check out. Not only did Kasi very eagerly show her each of the babies, but the sub-adult that said roommate looked at as well. I can't say I didn't look at the available geckos on her website as well and ask to see a few geckos myself.

My roommate chose the sub-adult, and received a tub of feeder sized dubia roaches for free. He is still just as healthy, and just as beautifully tempered as the day he was purchased. I talked myself out of buying any geckos, even after expressing my interest in a few, because I was still too nervous. Kasi understood. We left.

But it was from that day that I obsessed over these little jumping creatures again.

My fiancee suggested I take Loki (his crested from the Geektastic Trade) and care for him for a little while. I do, nervous he's a little small still even after a year. But he eats, poops and is all around healthy.

Every day I feel like, I annoy Kasi with questions; "Any updated pictures? How many grams?" and once I became more comfortable in my 'sexing' prowess from JB crested tutorial, "Any pores?" I asked her about different geckos different days. One after another. Never committing to buying *anything.* I kept telling her how much I loved this and that. But I never purchased anything. Kasi never once turned me away from these constant questions.

It was about May that I got hired at Petco. I won't get into it, besides during their 50% off reptile rally weekend, I pick up a little 2g crested. Because I fell in love, that's why. Alright, this was it. Loki was well started and I couldn't screw that up. But little Hawkeye was different. He was wish me two days, ate crickets, shed and pooped. My faith was restored.

Fast forward to June. Kasi's babies look still so amazing.

I pick up another 2g baby from the East Bay Vivarium.
I had made the choice to breed crest geckos. I wanted to produce pinstripes. Tigers. Extreme Harleys.

I started to commit to one of Kasi's geckos.
After much back and forth, I met up with her at the San Jose Herp Expo this past weekend. After entering the door, I beeline to try and find her table. The gecko I loved and wanted was there. She openly disclosed to me that there were so far no signs of pores at 6gs and female or not, it wouldn't fit into her breeding projects. It was discounted from her website. I couldn't say no.

At this point, I must say, if it wasn't for Kasi and re-assuring me that I had what it takes to care for these hardy little fliers, I would not have ever owned one again, let alone be looking into breeding these little guys. I have two pairs that should be ready in two years or so, depending. I'm not going to rush it, but I'm so excited to have some really decent lines for at least one pair (the Geektastic/ Party Gecko) of geckos. (The other planned pair is the Petco/ EBV geckos.) It just happened to work out that way with colourings/ morphs.

I will be forever faithful to Kasi and remain a loyal friend and customer of hers. I dream she'll be one of my customers some day!!

Old 07-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #28
geckoguy87
Thumbs down BEWARE!

I'm genuinely happy to hear that all of you have had such great experiences with Kasi Krauss from Party Gecko. Unfortunately, such commendable characteristics are unfamiliar to the entire Geckogen team (lead by Edgar Machuca). From our experience, we have found that if you come across Kasi in any way, she will do ANYTHING in her power to attempt to destroy your reputation and livelihood. If any of you wish to read posts that I feel represent Kasi's true character you can refer to the links below. I believe you will truly see the extent that Kasi will go to fulfill her spiteful vendetta. This is not a revenge tactic by me or the Geckogen team, it's simply a warning to those who have not seen this side of Kasi yet. You will surely see her inconsistencies and ill-intentions by the end of these threads. I sincerely hope that nobody else will ever have to go through the circumstances that she put our team through.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=413904&page=3

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=405523&page=7

Old 07-24-2013, 01:43 AM   #29
nidastothehades
I'm gunna let you finish, I just have to say that geckoguy87 is the best thread basher/ inappropriate comment timing reptile enthusiast ever. Because you know. This is the place for negative comments and all. /sarcasm.

You can save your negative remarks for her 'Bad Guy' thread. It's unrelated to the topic of this thread.
Thank you. Please learn to read.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #30
LauraB
Quote:
You can save your negative remarks for her 'Bad Guy' thread. It's unrelated to the topic of this thread.
Thank you. Please learn to read.
Wrong, Krista. Please read.

Rules for posting on the BOI:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ead.php?t=8880

"Please utilize the SEARCH function as much as possible before starting a new thread (topic line).

In many instances, it is much better to continue an existing thread rather than starting a new one in order to preserve continuity in the information about a person or business. Most readers are much more inclined to read a single long thread, rather than dozens of smaller ones scattered all over the BOI. So don't let your message get lost in the clutter by ignoring this simple rule."

Translated, it means keep all information, positive and/or negative, in one thread. The person or business is the topic, not the valid opinions or remarks of other posters regarding that person or business.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!