Bad Guy California Zoological Supply - Horrible Scam. - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-21-2015, 04:35 PM   #61
AbsoluteApril
Sorry but no, we do not edit threads (including title/icons) on the BOI. However, you did read the entire thing and come to your own conclusion which is what this board is intended for.

Old 03-21-2015, 04:35 PM   #62
alex bleas
Cal zoo lets you know if a animal in under weight but eating or defected and is open about it. So I have a hard time believing that a wholesaler that is brutally honest stole snakes form this guy.

Alex

Old 03-23-2015, 03:46 PM   #63
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by georget2 View Post
I also have done business with Cal Zoo and have met Ty at Daytona several times in the years past.I have sold to him personally and shipped animals to him on a few occasions and i can honestly say he can be fully trusted. I always shipped first and the checks arrived promptly and he even sent me an official Cal Zoo shirt,lol. He has been in the business longer than most of us have been alive. I seriously doubt he is the problem here.
Isn't that how it starts? Good reps,good animals lots of happy people. Then a guy has issues,health,money,family,criminal or whatever. He/she goes bad. We see it on here more than we should.
I'm not saying this guy Ty is or will be a bad guy later down the road. But I'd hate to find out on a $10,000 litter! Or more. He has his rep,and lots of us have our good reps that are shown on here. Why should he be different than us and pay later! We have to trust him,he doesn't have to trust us? That doesn't set well with me after putting in years of good sales of healthy animals. As many of us have. But if people wish to take that chance,it's their right to do so. But they also should cry when something happens like giving up animals first and being paid later.

Is this guy a certified reptile vet. Just curious.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:31 PM   #64
AndyUltimateReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
Isn't that how it starts? Good reps,good animals lots of happy people. Then a guy has issues,health,money,family,criminal or whatever. He/she goes bad. We see it on here more than we should.
I'm not saying this guy Ty is or will be a bad guy later down the road. But I'd hate to find out on a $10,000 litter! Or more. He has his rep,and lots of us have our good reps that are shown on here. Why should he be different than us and pay later! We have to trust him,he doesn't have to trust us? That doesn't set well with me after putting in years of good sales of healthy animals. As many of us have. But if people wish to take that chance,it's their right to do so. But they also should cry when something happens like giving up animals first and being paid later.

Is this guy a certified reptile vet. Just curious.
This is pretty standard with wholesalers. CalZoo is a wholesaler. That being said, Ty has always been a straight shooter with me. Very upfront, very quick to help. If you don't want to sell him your clutch, then don't do it.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:52 PM   #65
allreptiles1966
Isn't that pretty much what I did say. It's up to the seller. Not me. And I don't and won't sell to them. And I do sell wholesale and some retail. I also get my money up front to avoid issues. I'm honest and would not do anyone wrong. So why would I wait for my money? That's not how business usually works. But yet again,I guess it does since people use credit cards and credit period.
It's just harder for the average person to go through what the CC companies do if not getting paid.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:46 PM   #66
rhacadank
I have done business with Ty. Truly the most honest and a man of his word.
Send him over a dozen adult crested geckos and promised that on there arrival he will send out a check/ Done deal and could not have gone any smoother. Seen Ty at shows years after that and a very nice guy. Doubt that with a large company and great reputation that he would pull a scam like discussed in this thread.

Old 03-25-2015, 04:05 PM   #67
kimber anderson
I received my order. I can't think of a single way it could have gone smoother. Admin, can I start a separate good guy thread?

Old 03-25-2015, 04:18 PM   #68
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber anderson View Post
I received my order. I can't think of a single way it could have gone smoother. Admin, can I start a separate good guy thread?
You can if you feel you need or you can add your good experience to this thread. We usually prefer people try to all use the same thread but it's not a 'rule', just a recommendation.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:29 PM   #69
Jay Sommers Reptiles
Ty is one of the true good guys in the business. Everyone who sells to him knows his money and his word are good. I know of many instances he has chosen to lose money for the better good of the hobby. From getting rare animals (I'm talking small numbers that most would consider not worth their time)to competent breeders for a wholesale price ( the opposite of what a business like his does) to getting special orders to people quick that are far below the minimum. Ty sets what should be an example in this business.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:09 PM   #70
afflicted
I have known Ty for 30 years and have done hundreds of transactions with him both buying and selling. He is a good guy as well as all of his staff. He has always paid in a timely manner and never once has a check bounced(unlike the majority of others that I have dealt with). I never hesitate to do business with him...he is a straight shooter.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!