Bad Guy Paul Prunier - SCAMMER - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:35 AM   #21
Lucille
I think a discussion of Paypal policy may be going far afield. There appears to be disagreement with whether Paypal will help in this situation, I think everyone would agree that whether or not one thinks the liferaft will work, if you are drowning you should climb up on it. Go ahead and escalate on the 24th. Maybe start a thread in business for the debate about live critters.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:39 AM   #22
ElexisC
Oh I hope he gets his refund, but i think the credit card or bank would be more helpful than Paypal in getting it done.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:48 PM   #23
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
Oh I hope he gets his refund, but i think the credit card or bank would be more helpful than Paypal in getting it done.
She* . That's why I told her to make sure to use a card through PayPal, even if PayPal pulls some BS the bank sure won't. From what I understand the bank has already put the funds on hold (she called less than 24 hours after sending it I think). I was in the same boat as you elexis, I've heard stories of PayPal making excuses with live animals, but if nothing was sent in the first place in not sure how they could NOT offer protection.

He hasn't responded to the PayPal refund request in any way, shape, or form, so I have a feeling he wont respond to the claim either. He seems to be the type of guy who does this when he needs money and then disappears again for a while.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:04 PM   #24
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
She* . That's why I told her to make sure to use a card through PayPal, even if PayPal pulls some BS the bank sure won't. From what I understand the bank has already put the funds on hold (she called less than 24 hours after sending it I think). I was in the same boat as you elexis, I've heard stories of PayPal making excuses with live animals, but if nothing was sent in the first place in not sure how they could NOT offer protection.

He hasn't responded to the PayPal refund request in any way, shape, or form, so I have a feeling he wont respond to the claim either. He seems to be the type of guy who does this when he needs money and then disappears again for a while.
Well I hope she gets her money back. It's a shame we have people like that in the reptile community but there's people like that in all walks of life. Just makes me love the animals so much more and hate the human race even more.

But as I said, wish I could remember the names, that when they filed even though nothing was shipped as soon as they said it was a live animal paypal would tell them they don't cover live animals and do nothing. I do believe even that buyer protection still doesn't apply to live animals I would have to read it again. so I hope the bank gets it straight for you or her.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:41 PM   #25
Sauzo
To beat a dead horse, I agree that Paypal doesn't like to get involved with the condition of an animal as long as it arrived alive but they most certainly will intervene on a non delivery. That's still considered "goods" not received. OP, if you don't have any claims with Paypal in the past and have a pretty good track record with them, I would imagine you will be taken care of. I had issues with "goods" and I have been a member of Paypal for a VERY long time and never had a bad claim. This first claim I had they jumped right on it and got it taken care of in less than a week. I wish you the best.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:34 PM   #26
cindy thomson
If you paid with a credit card call your bank and have them do a charge back.
Credit card fraud is illegal. Anytime you buy anything on line pay with a card.
And the first excuse you get cancel the order and call your bank. anybody who wants to sell any snake for 430 dollars will jump through hoops to do so. Never mind this nonsense like my son fell asleep or I am too tired to take pictures etc. Do it tomorrow and anybody over 18 years old should have a credit card.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:50 PM   #27
MCMB
I'm going to upload the pictures directly to fauna in case the external links I used in my first post ever get deleted (sorry about that admins! )

I've uploaded the first four pictures here
- initial communication with Robert
- paypal transaction
- his new ad on "Ball Python Classifieds"
- his member history on "Ball Python Classifieds"
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2015, 07:54 PM   #28
MCMB
- 2nd text transaction with Paul
- facebook screenshot showing Paul no longer had the albino
- 3rd text transaction with Paul and/or Amy
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2015, 07:55 PM   #29
MCMB
- image his wife sent over (newly hatched albino)
- image his wife sent (albino)
- image his wife sent (kingpin)
- Paul blocked Nick on facebook
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2015, 08:00 PM   #30
MCMB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy thomson View Post
If you paid with a credit card call your bank and have them do a charge back.
Credit card fraud is illegal. Anytime you buy anything on line pay with a card.
And the first excuse you get cancel the order and call your bank. anybody who wants to sell any snake for 430 dollars will jump through hoops to do so. Never mind this nonsense like my son fell asleep or I am too tired to take pictures etc. Do it tomorrow and anybody over 18 years old should have a credit card.
Just an update. I did call the bank March 18th, letting them know everything. When I checked my account, the payment was in "pending transactions" so I assumed that they had put a hold on the payment.

Today I checked and the payment had cleared. I called the bank and was told, the process was more complicated than just a chargeback. The payment had initially been authorized at that point in time, was pending, and finally went through. In the meantime, my bank is still investigating the claim before any kind of reversal will be done.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!