Killing the messengers.... - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #41
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan2 View Post
Hey guys, i know this thread is a little old, but i wanted to toss in that i have recently become the victim of unnecessary negative karma bombing. i was simply going along with what the thread had been geared toward, and i was struck with negative karma because someone didnt agree with one of my quotes. when i responded with disbelief at this, i was subsequently slammed with over 20 negative karma for "whining". This is ridiculous, and i feel entirely wronged by this experience. (BTW, NOW im whining... and justified)
Heck, I dunno, but I would think you would take the hint to just stop whining.......

Old 02-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #42
bryan2
Not that somebody thinks i made a bad post. That doesn't bother me. That i was getting off topic and got punished for it, THAT bothers me.

As for negative karma being easily erased...
There seem to be more people on here who are willing to destroy anothers credibility than there are people who will help build it up.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #43
bryan2
You know Rich, between you and Harold, im beginning to feel like the sheep in your quote.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #44
Lucille
Quote:
Not that somebody thinks i made a bad post. That doesn't bother me. That i was getting off topic and got punished for it, THAT bothers me.

There seem to be more people on here who are willing to destroy anothers credibility than there are people who will help build it up.
I think you are wrong. Hang out in the chatroom sometime, there is a close knit group and they support each other's efforts.
There are people in the forums that will help if you only ask. There are people who will gift you with positive karma if you say something worthwhile. Maybe take responsibility and change and become a positive force and see if things change for you. I think they will.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #45
scaledverts
Bryan,

You will get both positive and negative karma on this site. Over time the positive will usually outweigh the negative, as long as your posts are constructive and have some substance to them. People are willing to give out positive karma for many things (helpful hints, BOI detective work, funny posts that uplift their day, etc.). Negative karma usually requires that your post in same way offended them or was completely inappropriate.

So to summarize:

Make good posts that are on topic and helpful and you will get good karma eventually. BUT even if you DON'T, it's just little green boxes under your name..... it will still be ok without them.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #46
WebSlave
Quote:

And yet, what exactly are YOU doing right now? Think about it, please.

Seems that a lot of people complain about this place being the wild wild west and want us to clean it up. UNTIL they happen to find themselves one of the ones violating the rules needed to accomplish that task, and in the process making things worse rather than better. But of course, that is a different kettle of fish, isn't it?

Did you or did you not make an off topic post in that BOI thread? If you did, then what is there to whine about? You got off lightly, in my opinion, as that should have earned you an infraction.

We ARE trying to make this place better. If you want to try to buck this effort, then yes, I suppose you may very well get reasons to whine about the repercussions. So I would suggest that you make an effort to try to help US to make this place better, rather than your apparent efforts to try to justify your own actions to try to show us just how wrong we are in the methods used to try to reach this goal. That effort is simple. Simply follow the rules, or at least use some common sense heavily laced with common courtesy.

As far as I can recall, whining about the rules has never really been a very effective method for anyone to get their way around here. And the prognosis for that to change is very, very dim.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #47
bryan2
To Lucille and Kyle; thank you for the constructive criticism. I appreciate it.

To Rich; I'm still feeling like im the sheep in this conversation. Like what i say doesn't matter, because you're just going to grill me either way.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #48
hhmoore
How were you punished? By a little red dot meaning somebody thought you made a bad post? I probably would have given you negative karma for that even if I wasn't a moderator, and it would have resulted in the same loss of intangible points. It doesn't impact your ability to use the site in any way, nor does it count against "your record" the way an infraction would have.
At the worst, it could have resulted in a tiny bruise to your ego...but you said you didn't care that somebody thought you made a bad post, so there should be no damage there.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #49
WebSlave
Quote:
To Lucille and Kyle; thank you for the constructive criticism. I appreciate it.

To Rich; I'm still feeling like im the sheep in this conversation. Like what i say doesn't matter, because you're just going to grill me either way.
What you say will matter if you choose what you say carefully.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #50
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Maybe take responsibility and change and become a positive force and see if things change for you.
Quote:
To Rich
Reread my post and then repost yours, saying something positive.
Dude, are you not getting it?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!