Female first time mating??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2013, 01:33 AM   #1
mialma09
Female first time mating???

Well now even though we weren't planning on breeding them for a couple more months this is what happened. So we have two females and one male and the one female is 38g no tail so I know add like 3-5g for tail loss but the other is only 32g with tail so not gonna breed her at least for a bit. We have two separate cages for the 2 females and the male but I cleaned out the girls cage and my wife decided to put them in with the males cage while I was finishing up and then all of a sudden he grabs the big girl and they start mating, I didn't even catch it till it was already going on nor my wife. But I really didn't wanna disrupt it and possibly have one get hurt or stressed out so we just let it happen. But since there is the story here are a couple of the questions I was hoping could be answered. (A) The male is like just shy 1 year but only weighs in at 23g and wanted to know if he would even be fertile at that small and if so would the hatchlings if she becomes gravid be good to go? (B) Since that happened now I took the females back out of the cage and put them back in the one I just cleaned because I don't think the male is technically ready right now and wanted to know if she becomes gravid and lays a few eggs with anything he was able to do will the two female crested geckos be ok still living in the same cage and with her if she lays eggs?