What's the most y'all have ever paid for a gecko? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-12-2004, 09:17 PM   #11
Xavier
I guess I'm on the low side 225 for a SHCT HISS line which I bought from monty.
Xavier

Old 09-12-2004, 09:46 PM   #12
robin d.
Quote:
hey robin was that a shot at me??
no, not a shot at you at all, most everyone here knows how i feel about trempers, i just do not like them and i do not care for some particular breeders business practices whom produce and sell them.

Old 09-12-2004, 09:57 PM   #13
groovygeckos
lol

carrot feet !!!

Old 09-12-2004, 10:13 PM   #14
groovygeckos
400 here !could you honestly say ?

that you dont think this " carrotfoot" is not a gorgeous gecko ? just because of which albino gene was used to create it ??

Old 09-12-2004, 10:13 PM   #15
progeckos
Quote:
I don't like buying a high end morph i like making my OWN. much funner that way.
Yup, that’s always the fun way! Working on any hybinos?

Old 09-12-2004, 10:16 PM   #16
geckokreeper
I guess Im somewhere in between everyone $400. I spent $400 on a Tangerine CarrotHead Giant Jungle Tremper Albino. All in all I have spent at least 2500 on all of my leos. I have gotten some GREAT deals and some fair deals as well as a few bad ones but it tilts to the good side so Im happy overall. I know some people dont like Trempers very much but I like them alot I cant wait for the purple eyed Trempers to hit the market I know theyll cost a pretty penny but man they look awsome.

Old 09-12-2004, 10:21 PM   #17
HRoss
i put out 1000-1200 on 3 tangerine males in the past. i don't think i would do it again. but some of them are very pretty. urban and brant lines are very similar, but they come with a higher degree of spotting than the lines with a lot of hine's hypo in them. this is a photo i have stored from after last breeding season. the colors are pretty good for animals that had been breeding for months. there is a normal hine's carrot in there to show the color difference.

my urban groups do not start breeding until august. i have been holding those babies back from last year. i hope to have time to work with them in the spring. my tangerine/carrot projects were a catastophe this year until the last few weeks. i am starting to get a few above average tangs, but zero carrots this year.
howard
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2004, 10:47 PM   #18
E2MacPets
$1200 on one gecko. No I won't tell you which one. It was worth every penny.

I've also spend $800 and $450 on single geckos before.

Old 09-12-2004, 11:14 PM   #19
HRoss
steven are you making fun of me, or are you hiding your prize gecko? i wish i still had the panther chameleon income to buy some expensive leos. i love the stripes hqr is selling.
check out the contrast of these two. the bright male i bought from albey a few years back. i put him in with a group of females in the spring and he dropped his tail in the first 5 minutes; now that was a catastrophe. i have one male that is a complete clone of the father that i have been breeding into the urban line. i will know by xmas if they blend well together
howard
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2004, 11:16 PM   #20
robin d.
i appreciate the beauty of a pretty tremper, i just don't care to work with them. there are soo many out there ALMOST everything has been done with them. I figure i will work on the other albino morphs which essentially have been ignored and make what i want.

cody, hybinos yes... bells and working on RW hybinos and tangerine rainwater albinos as well as more tang bells and pattern variations of each.

I got a totally cute bell hybino in the rack right now.... cute as a button. hopefullly ill hatch out at least one more bell hyino this year

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!