So, who is jumpin on the "mac snow" band wagon??? - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-09-2005, 02:48 PM   #61
Gregg M
So next time I state my opinion to someone who knows what they are doing, I will type it in code so people who dont know as much, will have no idea what we are talking about.....LOL

Old 02-09-2005, 03:13 PM   #62
WebSlave
Stop the pissing match. NOW! I can't remember ever having to suspend and fine anyone in this forum, but I'm not opposed to the idea.

Old 02-09-2005, 03:45 PM   #63
MGReptiles
No freakin doubt.. There is always a fight somewhere.. Hey Chris you wouldnet wanna tell a feller what ya got up your sleeve woudl ya..lol..

Old 02-09-2005, 04:52 PM   #64
E2MacPets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M
Its nothing to get upset about though.... When you are the first breeder/seller to have a certain morph in bulk, you pretty much set the market price...... Now I think (and I am NOT aiming this at most of you that post here) that the majority of the breeders/sellers that would be upset about this are the ones that were looking to make quick cash and get rich on the BB craze..... I guess some people were taught a valuable lesson..... Never bank on a market that is shakey at best..... I mean, just look at what the past has shown us..... Look at how much albinos, blizzards, Giants, jungles, jungle ablbinos, patternless, and patternless albinos were when they first hit the market..... The prices dropped dramaticly almost over night on all of them...... Living animals are not investments and it is sad when someone looks at them that way...... When you drop a ton of money on a morph, it is a race to see who can produce the most and a pretty big gamble...... People need to understand this and not cry when the prices are driven down.....
The issue as I see it is not that people are upset upon recognizing how unstable the market can be and how quick prices can drop.

The issue I see is that 2005 is the first year that anyone outside of Prehistoric Pets on behalf of Mark Bell can sell Tremper Blazing Blizzards.

There was no one to set the price or drive the market price besides 1 entity.

They do not need to drop their prices significantly, because up until later in 2005 there will be no competition.

Now surely you see what I'm getting at and why I percieve it as petty:

When someone new comes to the market with Tremper Blazing Blizzards, not only can they not try to get a piece of that $1000 pie, they probably will have to set their prices significantly lower than $250 just to move some of their stock.

It is not greed that would fuel the anger here. Frustration, certainly. Prehistoric Pets has managed to ruin both the selling price and the elitism that
came with being early to the market, before anyone else could get to market- but only JUST before.

Now granted, maybe the Tremper Blazing Blizzards are not selling well. I don't consider Prehistoric Pets to be doing all that well with marketing them, certainly the pictures used to sell them are not nearly doing justice to the beauty of this morph.
It's likely that Prehistoric Pets rushed to get the most animals to market as possible before competition popped up, hence incubating for male as all the $250 tremper blazings are.

As for the snows again........ I have something up my sleave and I'm willing to pay the premium if it gets my project accomplished sooner. It's not about making the money back, it's about achieving a certain goal.

Old 02-09-2005, 05:39 PM   #65
wahberee
"Can't we all just get a long" - Rodney King

blah blah blah, I don't know what this argument is all about. OF COURSE if you spend $1000 on a gecko your going to want to make at least your original investment back. Any extra money is just a bonus, and the greatest benefit of buying new morph's is breaking even or even better, making a profit. In that case you get your cake and eat it too. I fail to believe that anyone is motivated to buy morphs solely on potential profits and I also fail to believe that anyone buys these expensive morphs solely for leisure. Everyone falls in between whether you like it or not. This is afterall a hobbie, and Im sure one of the greatest rewards is to be the first to create a new morph, to be a founder, the very first.

Old 02-09-2005, 05:51 PM   #66
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcage
Hey Chris you wouldnet wanna tell a feller what ya got up your sleeve woudl ya..lol..
My lawyers have told me to repeat this over and over:

"No Comment"

LOL, J/K

But in all seriousness, I don't want to speak on it too soon. I have a few tricks up my sleeve im playing with at the moment, time will tell if they prove to be productive or a simple waste of my time. Either way, I'll have fun trying!

Old 02-09-2005, 06:15 PM   #67
wahberee
Hey Chris,
Nice website,
haha, someone told me you had a nice website and all this time Ive been going to topshelfgeckos.com and I didnt understand why anyone would say it was nice.

Old 02-09-2005, 10:32 PM   #68
MGReptiles
Freakin Lawyers..lol.... I must have read the info on the mack 100 times and have almost bout myself a male just get into them as I havent really been one of the firsts on any really new morphs... If they were like 750 Id probably be looking at it right now..lol..

Old 02-09-2005, 10:33 PM   #69
robin d.
lalala : sitting in the rafter to see who's gonna piss next :
popcorn anyone? and the next person that comes up here needs to bring some soda

Old 02-09-2005, 10:46 PM   #70
MGReptiles
Well i beleive it was me.. Right after I posted I weant and....hahahahaha

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!