(Super) Hypo Tangerine = co-dominant? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-13-2005, 09:46 PM   #41
diablohogs
Quote:
i think the answer to that question would be in book form
i would buy that book.

Old 05-13-2005, 10:31 PM   #42
diablohogs
Quote:
I believe the Ray Hine line super hypos to be co dominant. I believe the "super" form can only be proven out by breeding to a normal, if you get all super hypos then you know it's a "super".
i hope she puts that quote in the book.

and this one...

Quote:
Here is what I have discovered in my years of breeding the Ray Hine line super hypos:
+Breed a Super Hypo to a wild type/non super hypo and you get about 1/2 super hypos

+Breed a Super Hypo to another Super Hypo and you get all Super Hypos

+Some of the Super Hypos I have produced appear to be the "super" form of the co-dom because when these animals are bred to a wild type/non super hypo, 100% of the babies are super hypos

+Apparantly you cannot tell by looking at the gecko if it is a "super" Super Hypo or not
but actually if you breed a super hypo to a wild type you get 100% hypos not half super hypos. at least not technically speaking. they wouldnt be homozygotes for that matter. they would all get a hypo gene from thier super hypo parent and a normal dominant gene from thier normal parent. but based on your first statement im sure thats what you meant to say.

Old 05-13-2005, 11:27 PM   #43
diablohogs
Quote:
i think kelli just knows a TAD bit more than you lets say 10 years more, mehbeh?
i never said i knew more than kelli. you just want it to be made up to look like that because your bored with your southpark and aqua teen hunger force dvds. give it a break robin.

ive spent enough of my day on this thread already. im shutting off my computer. goodnight everyone.

Old 05-13-2005, 11:45 PM   #44
DiabloBoa
you called him a dork either refering to genatalia or beng inept, niether being the case,you earned those points, id be willing to bet that more was learned in the last few years about leo genetics while chad was paying close attention than in the early stages where you seem to be so proud of. not to step on toes i just logged on and was suprised by your sudden hostility towords a simple question

Old 05-13-2005, 11:49 PM   #45
KelliH
Quote:
i guess the real question is with all the geckos youve worked with over the years what have YOU learned from breeding them?
Uh, no, the REAL questions were, "How many years have you produced Hine line super hypos? How many have you hatched out?"

And you did not answer those questions, now did you?

As to your question to me, well, yeah, I have learned a lot over the years about breeding leopard geckos. I absolutely do not know everything, and I learn new things every season. I am doing something right though, don't you agree?

Quote:
have you bred one of your nice hypo baldies to a normal? how sure are you that im wrong? did you try? if so i stand corrected. and if i stand corrected can you, for the sake of EVERYONE better understanding this trait provide us with some of the details of what youve learned?
I already said that I had done that, a few posts ago. Did you not read it? Oh wait, you must have because you quoted me LOL, remember now?
Quote:
+Breed a Super Hypo to a wild type/non super hypo and you get about 1/2 super hypos
See, I already said that I had bred a super hypo to a normal and I got about 50% super hypo offspring. And just to clarify, you can produce baldy SHCT when breeding a baldy SHCT to a normal leo.

Quote:
im going to go down to the pet store and buy one of these non-bling WT normal leopard geckos. just so i can breed my finest male SHTCT to it and follow through with proving weather or not ray hines carrot tails are dominant or codomiant/incomplete dominant.
Wait a minute Chad! You mean, you have not done this already? Yet you spout off information that you claim as fact? What are you basing this information on? First hand experience? One year of working with the animals? Two years MAYBE?

As far as the term "super hypo", I call all of them "super hypos". And yes, you are correct, if you breed the "super" form of a SHCT or super hypo to a normal you will get all super hypos. How do I know this Chad? Because I have been breeding the Hine line SUPER HYPOS for several years, that's how.

Yeah I had a brain fart for a second and got co-dominant and dominant mixed up. You got me there.

Oh well, enough for tonight. I have to go check the incubators. I am sure there will be several super hypos that have hatched today, albino and non. Have fun, I know I will!

Old 05-13-2005, 11:55 PM   #46
KelliH
Quote:
id be willing to bet that more was learned in the last few years about leo genetics while chad was paying close attention than in the early stages where you seem to be so proud of.
Right, like we don't pay attention to what's going on now, LMAO. With the exception of my family, my leopard geckos are MY LIFE. It's utterly ridiculous to insinuate that I'm not paying attention to what's going on with them and their genetics, HA! I bet that's why I spend so much time on the phone networking with other leo breeders talking about genetics

I'm sorry, I do not like to be condescending.. I can't help it in this case, I am laughing so hard I can barely see to type this!

Old 05-13-2005, 11:57 PM   #47
DiabloBoa
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
guilty concience? cry baby? sure seems like it...
chad knows that i do not like him... its not new news... he needs to be less of an arrogant a$$ in his posts and yes he rubs people the wrong way and many would like to see him leave... it was such a pleasure when he was MIA for those few months, what bliss
to tell you the truth i was glad to see chad didnt get caught up in another pissing contest with you and handled himself well for benig called names and by reading the thread again you seem to be the only ony lookin to rub the wrong way oh and who is supposed to have the guilty conseince? and for what?

Old 05-14-2005, 12:04 AM   #48
DiabloBoa
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
Right, like we don't pay attention to what's going on now, LMAO. With the exception of my family, my leopard geckos are MY LIFE. It's utterly ridiculous to insinuate that I'm not paying attention to what's going on with them and their genetics, HA! I bet that's why I spend so much time on the phone networking with other leo breeders talking about genetics

I'm sorry, I do not like to be condescending.. I can't help it in this case, I am laughing so hard I can barely see to type this!
so you admit that maybe someone tuning in say now would get more valuble info then the early years when no one knew jack

Old 05-14-2005, 12:07 AM   #49
leaftail
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloBoa
so you admit that maybe someone tuning in say now would get more valuble info then the early years when no one knew jack
omg I have no words...

Old 05-14-2005, 12:15 AM   #50
DiabloBoa
any ways just by going on this thread chad was very cool he didnt attack any body or try to talk crap just asked a question where is the harm it seemed like a waste of energy to me. i know chad doesnt know it all and it is more than poss. that you know more but why attack him for no reason again i didnt mean to step on toes and im not saying he knows more just that he does know somthing and everyone starts somewhere

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!