Business Cards - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-27-2005, 03:04 PM   #51
dragonflyreptiles
I like Illustrator and photoshop too, I need to get off my butt and go borrow the program CD's again, I just hate goign up there, they nag me about coming back to work and after all this time seems they take the hint that Im not going back to work lol

Old 05-27-2005, 03:15 PM   #52
StinaUIUC
lol...Chad I did save it as a photoshop file...so it should be editable that way.

Old 05-27-2005, 03:20 PM   #53
StinaUIUC
Ryan...I did all of mine between 300 and 500 pixels per inch. To fix the bleed it would be possible to just put a rectangle behind them of a solid color. As far as saving them...I used photoshop...but I didn't think fauna accepted the file type so I was saving as jpeg...I figured out on the last one that it could accept the file type...lol

Old 05-27-2005, 03:28 PM   #54
USAGECKOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaUIUC
I'm not Wendy....but how's this Jeanne?

Stina, that is awesome! I will have to print it out to see what it looks like.

Old 05-27-2005, 03:37 PM   #55
USAGECKOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0 RYAN 0o
Just an FYI with these business cards…. You should really be building these files at 600 DPI, or at least 300 for the best results. If you just grab the jpg from here, the quality will really lack. Stretching or increasing the DPI will distort them as well. Also, most printers require at least a 1/8in bleed as well, so everything can be cut to size without errors in cutting/cropping. So essentially, the cards should be 3.75 x 2.25 in size. Make sure everything is tabbed in at least 1/2 in from the 3.75 x 2.25 dimensions to ensure nothing will get cropped. Most printers will not even print without a bleed.

Another important thing with printing is the color. Right now these photos are in RGB color and they need to be in CMYK color. There’s not a huge difference, but there definitely is with any black values. Also, you should print these out, actual size and look at them. There's a big difference looking at them on a screen, and seeing them in hand.

A lot of printers can print high quality jpg or eps files, but some still want full control. If that's the case, they'll need your source file as in: illustrator, photoshop, quark, or indesign. Most companies use Quark. Along with the source file, you'll have to provide the fonts used.

I really think you should take all of this into consideration before trying to take one of these images somewhere. If you’re going to invest $50-100 in cards, I’d want them to look their best. This is just my 2 cents...

Coule this be why when I printed mine at home they came out blurry?

Old 05-27-2005, 03:39 PM   #56
dragonflyreptiles
Most likely, yes, when you convert it to a jpg it sometimes fuzzies up the text and graphics. I can save them in different formats depending on what software you have to read the files

Old 05-27-2005, 03:55 PM   #57
USAGECKOS
I will check what programs when I get home and let you know. I know I have Front Page, will that work?

Old 05-27-2005, 04:24 PM   #58
USAGECKOS
Ok, here is a screen shot of my programs. Can I use any of these? Or, should I download a program?
Attached Files
File Type: doc Doc1.doc (122.5 KB, 33 views)

Old 05-27-2005, 06:09 PM   #59
dragonflyreptiles
I don't have word and my note pad can't read the file to see what all you have.

The one Christina did was great I think and she can save it as a photoshop file that most graphic programs can open.

Old 05-27-2005, 06:14 PM   #60
StinaUIUC
I can save as a photoshop file...but I don't know what can open them....I'll go ahead and try it for you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!