Mack Snow Pricing... ridiculous.... buyers opinion - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-27-2005, 06:27 PM   #1
wahberee
Mack Snow Pricing... ridiculous.... buyers opinion

so Im surfing the web checking up on the market seeing whats available and how the market is, and I cant help but make an argument on the pricing on Mack Snows. IT IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, and honestly anyone who purchases them right now is a fool. Sorry had to say it. I believe they first became public in the winter by Alex Hues, back then I could understand why they would sell them at $1000 a piece and people bought them..... First of all, they were pretty much over 80 grams, and ready to go(well worth the investment). People could buy them and breed them the instant they received them, and participate in the "race". Fast forward to today and they're trying to sell juveniles/sub-adults that are barely even sexable at a similar price($250 less is not that significant if your talking about $1000 geckos)???. lmao, Your dealing with a co-dom morph, you've seen what happened to the pricing of all new simple reccesive morphs, heck, I'm even bitter on the pricing of the blazing blizzards I produced, but co-dom, now thats a whole another story. The half-life on the pricing should be twice as quick. Yes, I know, Im expecting the "shut up's" followed by the "This post is just a bitter complaint", but hey.... it's a Opinion, and Im typing out loud.

Old 05-27-2005, 06:34 PM   #2
Jadormdrache
I agree with this post because if I'm going to buy a leopard gecko worth 1k, it better be sexable, or there is no way I'll do it, I mean what happens if I get 2 males instead of a male/female? I'm out of the game for the season on breeding the new morph.

Old 05-27-2005, 06:37 PM   #3
g&mgeckos
I feel your pain, but I honestly think its the old supply and demand game. Give it a few months and I think you will see a drop.

Old 05-27-2005, 07:09 PM   #4
Chris@TSE
Those being sold as sexed hatchlings\juvies are temperature sexed and I'm certain for that price the sellers guarantee sexing, if not thats a sure fire way to catch some flack.

Personally if we release any I do not plan on listing specimens unless they are visually sexed. When dealing with high end specimens I do not like to second guess something such as sexing. If and when we release juvenile\hatchling specimens, we would guarantee sexing 100%

As for pricing...

Remember, this is a project that has gone public long before most would have. It is still in its infancy, Therefore the price reflects this. Don't like it, wait like everyone else. Prices drop. Yes, your post is a "just a bitter complaint" coming from someone obviously interested who cannot afford one at this time. There is nothing wrong with that..... There are MANY people waiting for pricing to drop on this line, and unfortunately you have to wait like everyone else. It does not happen overnight, and it certainly won't with this line.

Good luck....

Old 05-27-2005, 07:28 PM   #5
Hues1
Its interesting how people whine, moan and complain when a project they decided to get involved with takes a dump and the market falls out on them causing them to loose money and not be able to recoup fast enough.

Its plain ridiculous when those same people who said the market was going to fall out on that specific morph now complain because the bottom hasnt fallen yet

One thing I know for sure...people involved with the Mack Snows aint complaining

Old 05-27-2005, 07:31 PM   #6
Chris@TSE
LOL

I could not have said that better myself. PERFECT.

Old 05-27-2005, 07:36 PM   #7
wahberee
"cant afford one"?, please don't make assumptions on people you don't know. I am no longer interested in leopard geckos and probably won't be interested in buying ANY morph for a couple of decades. Alex says prices were being controlled in order to "protect people's investments", but bottom line..... competition screws over everybody. I'm just trying to provide information thatll make gecko buyers make better decisions and prevent those less knowledgeable consumers from wasting money on false investments. And another thing, $750 doesn't even get you a super..... it's just a het.....absurd

Old 05-27-2005, 07:50 PM   #8
Hues1
Quote:
I'm just trying to provide information thatll make gecko buyers make better decisions and prevent those less knowledgeable consumers from wasting money on false investments.
and thats coming from a guy who has tried and tried and tried to get me to sell Macks to him...how many times have I turned you down now Hey Robert? or should I say David?

Old 05-27-2005, 07:53 PM   #9
dwedeking
In reality there is no logical requirement to possess a pet lizard or pet snake, so pricing is very relative. You are paying more for your personal opinion of what is "neat" looking or on the investment side what you feel people will pay for a "neat" looking reptile. It's not like their going to do the laundry or wash the car (a tangible benefit).

My father (who does not like lizards or snakes) wouldn't pay you $5 for either.

So making the argument that something is over-priced (with the contentation that it is in error) is illogical. It's fine that you don't see the value in the morph, but others that find that look particularly appealing or of the notion that they have to have the newest thing before the mainstream would find the value appropriate (or an investor that feels he can captilize on the investment with a value).

Old 05-27-2005, 07:54 PM   #10
Jim O
Whine, whine, whine; pout, pout, pout.

Prices are set by the market. It's simple supply and demand. Don't like the price, don't buy it. They'll be cheaper when there are more of them so wait. The simple reason they are so expensive is that's what the seller can get for them. If you don't buy them, someone else will.

Sheesh!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!