Mack Snow Pricing... ridiculous.... buyers opinion - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-27-2005, 10:32 PM   #21
Vince
lol sorry. They are cool. but only because they are new. I just checked out the ad with the "endless potential " claim ether this hasn't been mixed with other morphs or they aren't showing any photos of them yet.

I dont have much to add these days, it seems like the leopard geckos section of this site has turned into a photo contest. where someone posts a pic and everyone replys and says awwaawhwwha how nice. at least this is something to talk about.

so what morphs are going to be bred into the super snow?

Old 05-27-2005, 10:33 PM   #22
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
macks arent even that nice.

Old 05-27-2005, 10:36 PM   #23
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
lol sorry. They are cool. but only because they are new. I just checked out the ad with the "endless potential " claim ether this hasn't been mixed with other morphs or they aren't showing any photos of them yet.

I dont have much to add these days, it seems like the leopard geckos section of this site has turned into a photo contest. where someone posts a pic and everyone replys and says awwaawhwwha how nice. at least this is something to talk about.

so what morphs are going to be bred into the super snow?
I cannot speak for others but we are trying a bit of everything. No exaggeration.

Obviously it will take time to produce visual results when crossing in recessive traits, but I'm sure some of the crosses will present us with something new and worth our effort

Old 05-27-2005, 10:39 PM   #24
Vince
an albino with rows of spots like that would be pretty cool. Sorry I dont want to upset the off topic police.

Old 05-27-2005, 10:53 PM   #25
surfrkidts
i like expensive leos. Normals have become so cheap that they are in the "throw away" category where if they diue you just go get a new one. The more expensive the animal, the better care you know (hopefully) it will receive. I wish all geckos were expensive enough to not be mass slaughtered as play things

Old 05-27-2005, 10:56 PM   #26
Vince
Yeah but the only market for a 1k leopard gecko is a breeder/hobbyist. Not a pet owner.

Old 05-27-2005, 11:05 PM   #27
robin d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrkidts
i like expensive leos. Normals have become so cheap that they are in the "throw away" category where if they diue you just go get a new one. The more expensive the animal, the better care you know (hopefully) it will receive. I wish all geckos were expensive enough to not be mass slaughtered as play things
well if you are about the animals it does not matter whether they are normal or some bling bling... they all are taken care of equally

personally even i at 10-15 grams can sex a leogecko... it is not that hard also i would be willing to bet by the end of this year regular snows will be around $500 (or even lower) for a sexed animal....

Old 05-27-2005, 11:10 PM   #28
dragonflyreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrkidts
Well I don't agree with the "throw away" from a price standpoint being acceptable. That would mean that my free cat was expendable and he isn't. He is a family pet and when he needed shots he got them and if he were to get sick he would go to the vet.

Price does not show the value of the animal to the keeper, I have normal and hi yellow leos your "throw away" leos that mean as much to me as my Giant Albino that cost almost 10X more!

Old 05-27-2005, 11:24 PM   #29
Monte
Man, I seriously think we should re-name Mack Snows to "Ex-Wife" leos. They are expensive and bring nothing but pain and derision . . .

LOL.

I have to admit, I am interested in two crosses - jungles and albino's. Makes me want to start grabbing for the wallet and calling Terry to see if he has any tigers he would part with . . .

Old 05-27-2005, 11:30 PM   #30
aliceinwl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte
Man, I seriously think we should re-name Mack Snows to "Ex-Wife" leos. They are expensive and bring nothing but pain and derision . . .
Too true, they almost seem to bring out the worst in people

-Alice

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!