Cut throat TT debate (not for the weak of heart!) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-07-2006, 11:40 AM   #1
WindyO
Cut throat TT debate (not for the weak of heart!)

I feel it is about time to set some standards on this. I can tell yellow from orange to red. So where do you think the lines should be drawn. I think they have out grown their descriptions which are far too broad and need to be classified differently with standards. I have emailed TUG to get a response from him on his opinion. It would be nice to hear from some of the top breeders about this. Like Kelli from Hiss, Marcia from Golden gate,Albey Fro Too Cool reptiles,Alberto from A&M,or any other long time breeder who is working with this morph.

Old 01-07-2006, 12:57 PM   #2
Sarah H
Honestly you are taking this a little to seriously.They are not a morph, TT are just deeper orange sht/shtct, Craig decided his line needed a new name I suppose.
I have seen some that are the same color(or better) as UG line TT with no UG blood.

I think some people don't know all the terms for diferent morphs, they will learn. I didn't know all the morph terms when I first got into geckos it takes a little time to get it all strait. No point getting upset about it. Not like someone is selling something labeled wrong for huge price.

Old 01-07-2006, 01:06 PM   #3
Storm55
Sarah,

I agree with you. I think this is just Urban Gecko's way of highlighting the nicer specimens of their line of tangs. It's not a new morph, just a marketing strategy.

-Jackie

Old 01-07-2006, 01:09 PM   #4
A_Kendergirl
Ditto. It's pure marketing.

Also, I've yet to see ANY gecko I would call "red".

Old 01-07-2006, 01:31 PM   #5
bro paul
It seems to me like the various tang geckos "speak for themselves"...if the pics are accurate, that is. Most of us know what we like when we see it. Now when it comes to creating a new name...well, if you're good at marketing and you've got great looking geckos, I say go for it.

Old 01-07-2006, 01:42 PM   #6
snared99
I agree it was just craigs way of marketing. By using a different name for a better quality of a already existing morph it would catch peoples eye. Judging by this thread it caught somebody's eye...lol

Old 01-07-2006, 02:47 PM   #7
groovygeckos
Ditto, marketing. Until they are no longer orange, they are still a "Tang"-line in my book, and im am sure most of the larger breeders will feel the same. Intensity of color is obvious, just from looking, and sometimes the price tag is also obvious LOL

I just dont think we need a new name to be able to pick out the most richly colored geckos, thats all.

IMO red highlights on an obviously Tangerine gecko isnt enough of a difference to not call them Tangs any longer. Get a red line of these going, then maybe you earned renaming them.

If you want to distinguish top of the line from the ordinary, how about the good ol` A,B,C, rating system? I know I could tell, just by looking though.

Old 01-07-2006, 03:51 PM   #8
groovygeckos
Why is it a cutthroat debate, not for the weak of heart? Does it really have to be? LOL

I dunno Brian, you seemed to misunderstand my meaning in the other thread, just because we all have different views on some things, does not mean we are fighting, arguing, even debating. Just bringing info, we all have here to talk about. Nothing more.

Old 01-07-2006, 04:06 PM   #9
WindyO
OK, have any of you seen any of the animals i am talking about? I'm just going to let this one die. I just felt there could be a rating other than personal. Something everyone could decide and judge by. Like with carrot tails i hear that you need 15% ct, or baldie no spots, or super hypo less than so many spots. Why couldn't we say it has to be deeper than this color on this % of it's body to be a ........? We can all name basic crayola colors. So why can't we categorize them into subclasses for color by putting a "y", "o" or "r" in with the SHT. I just thought this might be an interesting way to class them by a set standard. So it would eliminate some of the opinions. Unfortunately i am alone on this one so i will have to admit defeat. I was hoping to get some input from some people who are experienced with these types. I emailed Craig at TUG and he had a good point. He said they are SHT. He is not saying they are another morph. Just that they are unique to the morph in some ways. They consistently put out offspring that also display the same unique characteristics and they have a very rich color.

Old 01-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #10
WindyO
Dan that wasn't for you. Some people were offended and i wanted to let people know in advance that i am passionate when i debate.
Sorry but what else do you call it when you try to prove your point back and forth? I am more of a road scholar than college grad. My grammar and spelling should scream those points.
I understand the opinions thing. Thats why i am here. I wanted to get the opinions of people who are experienced with the subject. No offense by this but not albino raptor breeders. I am going to set up a standard which i will use on my website. If anyone decides they agree with it and want to use it great. If not that great too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!