Cut throat TT debate (not for the weak of heart!) - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-09-2006, 12:28 AM   #81
groovygeckos
Nope not married, just escaped it for the second time

OK it is just my interpretation then, of you repeating "Dan and I are arguing" "Dan says it sucks".

Just seemed like maybe you took some type of offense to my opinions, since you kept bringing it up.

Thats the thing though, I was never arguing any point against yours, or did not mean to sound that way. Just making my own points.

When i think of arguing Im thinking heated discussion, and this has not been, for me at least. I thought it was more of a discussion that is all.

Old 01-09-2006, 01:04 AM   #82
A_Kendergirl
Don't worry Dan. The only arguing I see going on is in Brian's own mind.

There is a difference between having different opinions and arguing. What had been in this thread is not arguing...maybe a little exasperation from a few people (myself included)...but not at all what I would call heated.

The funny thing is, you even said it was "cut throat" and then started telling everyone to calm down when people disagreed with you.

Old 01-09-2006, 02:33 AM   #83
Southwick Herps
[quote=PaulSage]there's no need to bring "cut throat" into it--unless of course you just did it for attention, and if that's the case you might want to consider whether that attention you're getting is positive or negative.

QUOTE]

Heh... This is the kind of concept we are trying to get my younger (14yr old) autistic brother to attain.. He has some behavorial issues, which we pretty much figured are just to get attention, whether it is bad or good... Becuase a child realizes that negative behaviors.. such as intentionally getting people riled up... will get you attention.. I agree, there were easier, more positive ways to go about figuring how people felt.. Heck all you had to do was ask probably. The breeders here are kind enough to share their experiance and opinions with you, even more so if it's a calm, level headed conversation... Passion isn't only seen when someone needs to defend their stance from somebody going cut throat trying to tear down their animals, and/or their opinions...

Old 01-09-2006, 05:47 AM   #84
WindyO
Nothing heated here Dan. I wasn't offended by anything you said. This has been a friendly discussion from my view point. Sometimes i forget to put LOL after when i am trying to be funny.

Old 01-09-2006, 01:00 PM   #85
The NY Gecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyO
OK, have any of you seen any of the animals i am talking about? I'm just going to let this one die. I just felt there could be a rating other than personal. Something everyone could decide and judge by. Like with carrot tails i hear that you need 15% ct, or baldie no spots, or super hypo less than so many spots. Why couldn't we say it has to be deeper than this color on this % of it's body to be a ........? We can all name basic crayola colors. So why can't we categorize them into subclasses for color by putting a "y", "o" or "r" in with the SHT. I just thought this might be an interesting way to class them by a set standard. So it would eliminate some of the opinions. Unfortunately i am alone on this one so i will have to admit defeat. I was hoping to get some input from some people who are experienced with these types. I emailed Craig at TUG and he had a good point. He said they are SHT. He is not saying they are another morph. Just that they are unique to the morph in some ways. They consistently put out offspring that also display the same unique characteristics and they have a very rich color.
this one made me stop. ok its not a different color. its a deeper orange. simple as that. gimme a green gecko. a blue gecko. a red gecko. fack idc if its purple. those are different. ok its an A+++++++++ SHTCTB. thats the end of it. he calls them that to make the green that keeps him from starving. as would i. exceptional animals no doubt. not a new morph. i know you said you dont think its a new morph but from your rigorous defense of giving it a new name id say you think it is. not to be hostile but cmon.

Old 01-09-2006, 01:14 PM   #86
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
Really? That's interesting because registering any gecko hatched in 2004 or before is free. Meaning I'm paying for the high quality certificates; I'm paying for mailing; I'm paying for the new database programming; I'm paying for the web hosting.

We are also considering changing the free registries to include 2005 since the database will only be in its testing phase by the 1st week of February.

And steep? ACR (American Cornsnake Registry - http://www.herpregistry.com/acr/Fees.php) has the exact same fees but I offer a higher quality certificate with more options. No offense to the ACR, I greatly appreciate Serp and Hurley paving the road!

Compare it to the AKC (American Kennel Club) registeration prices of $15 per puppy when you can register 5 geckos with Greyscale certificates for that price.

BTW, link to new certificates -
http://www.leopardgeckoregistry.com/certificates.html
I'm still waiting for Brian to reply to this post...

Old 01-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #87
WindyO
Stephanie, those weren't the prices i had seen before. It was going to cost me a couple hundred to do my breeders and then additional for each hatchling. I know your time and product is worth money but this would drive up the prices to cover your costs. It is hard selling them for what i do now. So what i am saying is this isn't an option for me. I think it is a great idea. I would love to be able to follow bloodlines on line with pictures. That would be amazing! I just can't afford it.

Old 01-09-2006, 04:38 PM   #88
WindyO
Paul is it really cut throat to tell someone they are miss labeling an animal. Or recommend that they put the proper name to it so it doesn't confuse people. If you try and sell a line bred snow as a mack isn't that wrong? If you think trying to help someone from making mistakes is harsh you must be a priest. Do you think it is better to mislead someone? What if he sold its babies as TT's? Someone would have gotten a raw deal. I thought it would be nice to point out a mistake while it is small. Also how is TT subjective? He said himself it was from Dan not Craig. Did you even look at it? It wasn't even close!Now about the cut throat thing. Go back and read post #20. If you are going to quote me at least understand what i am saying.
I don't understand why some people think this is publicity? I don't even have my website link on here?This was a debate Paul. Unfortunately it has turned into an opportunity for people to try and use my own words out of context and bust me out.I didn't do this for attention. I thought i could have debate about a topic. I must have said this a couple of times by now.

Old 01-09-2006, 04:49 PM   #89
WindyO
Shanti i know Dan is not arguing. I was just teasing him and he kept going with it. I forget to put LOL sometimes to show when i am joking. On a personal note i call arguing anytime i disagree with more emotion than logic. I know i wasn't the only one in here who was that way. (No i am not talking about you Dan.LOL)I am new to computers and can't put smiley faces.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:10 PM   #90
WindyO
Tom i am sorry but i thought you didn't want any part of this discussion? How can you even argue this? You know it isn't an TUG gecko. You also can see what it looks like. If this is what you want OK?
#1 It isn't a baldie.
#2 It isn't a ct.
#3 It is barely a tangerine.
#4 It isn't from TUG.
That means no part of the body or the bloodlines are right. Hence the not even close part.If you had three out of the four i probably wouldn't have said anything., but with this i thought you were a rookie that needed some help. I know they aren't a morph. They are line bred. Which takes a lot more effort than breeding two pr oven traits together to get something. So i think that people who have taken these efforts to get us these colors should be able to have distinction when they reach new levels. Can you honestly say it isn't an achievement when you get that new color?I am not even saying to rename them. Just add one letter. I can't believe that is so much too ask.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!