Leopard Gecko Registry; Unneeded Bureaucracy? - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-24-2006, 07:31 PM   #61
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by The NY Gecko
hwo do i register my geckos without father or mother id? like ym tremper for instance. or dans i ncase hes not registered?
That information is not needed unless you have it. Those sections can be left blank if you do not have the information.

Quote:
i jsut stated that to simply become a par tof the LGR to use it as free advertising space isnt really repsecting it and the way its meant to be used.
Thank you for understanding the point of us haveing an "inactive" notation for nonparticipants.

Quote:
I just have a different view point about the Registry than you do and it has absolutely nothing to do with the advertising aspect of it.
Please explain to me why you wish to claim "bureaucracy" when we do not wish to have individuals "abusing" the LGR by useing it as a free link...

Old 01-24-2006, 07:59 PM   #62
hiphopsmurf
Not really sure where to start... First I'll introduce myself. My name is Steve and I am currently programing the new layout for the LGR. I know stef personally and have so for about 2 1/2 years. The first thing that I noticed was someone was implying that she was only doing this to make money off the leopard gecko community. When she first told me about starting the LGR she mentioned nothing about money, She presented it to me as a way to help the community. When it all boils down to it... She is a breeder trying to help other breeders as am I, And neither of us are out to "Control" the community or the people involved in it.

In response to what NY Gecko said... I have talked to stef about what we should do if people are just starting out and only have a few breeders because I was once there too. I started with 1 and now three years later I have 15... Anyway what we have come up with is after the free trial period the first so many animals registered are free.

If anyone has any ideas or features they would like to see please contact stef to allow us to better help the leopard gecko community :O)

Old 01-24-2006, 08:03 PM   #63
montezuma
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
Please explain to me why you wish to claim "bureaucracy" when we do not wish to have individuals "abusing" the LGR by useing it as a free link...
ANSWER:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense
I have a feeling that while the LGR was created out of a good idea. It's nothing more then a hungry power trip for those who created it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me, Myself, and I
it was created out of the desire to generate income off of the industry...
Believe it or not, having links on your site to others helps generate more traffic to your own site... wanting to charge someone for links tells me you are just looking to cash in. You denied it earlier, but I would have also if it was me.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:23 PM   #64
KelliH
I just want to say that I think the idea is not a bad one. For me personally, it wouldn't work. I produce 700+ leopard geckos every year, it just is not practical for me to spend the time to register every gecko I sell. Keeping up with hatch dates and lineage is my job as a responsible leopard gecko breeder, and I am happy to provide that information to my customers.

I'm also not crazy about the idea of "standards" being defined by someone else.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:36 PM   #65
g&mgeckos
Steph I have a question. How will Hets be handled? Since alot of newbies start with hets and I myself have several this year I am curious.

Also what about when something different pops up from these hets? Not mine but lets say Jeremy's Raining Red Stripes just for example. Nothing meant by that just has an example.

Tom I hope you didn't feel I was picking on you. I did not mean it to come across that way. I honestly thought you had more animals, but I think you have the bug now so that 3 will probally turn into 30 before you know it! LOL!

Old 01-24-2006, 09:37 PM   #66
LeosForLess
Quote:
and I am happy to provide that information to my customers.
If there were a website/book made by some of the big breeders(tremper, hammock, letkey, TUG, lubinsky, GGG, garrick, i dont wanna go on theres a ton) whwere alot of ppl could agree, this would be nice. But that is nearly impossible, what would need to be done is the minimum standards of that gecko also with a gecko that is an A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ grade. Now this would be mostly for SHTCTB and stuff.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:38 PM   #67
g&mgeckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
I just want to say that I think the idea is not a bad one. For me personally, it wouldn't work. I produce 700+ leopard geckos every year, it just is not practical for me to spend the time to register every gecko I sell. Keeping up with hatch dates and lineage is my job as a responsible leopard gecko breeder, and I am happy to provide that information to my customers.

This makes alot of sense. It does seem if you are producing like we know you do Kelli it would be alot to keep up with.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:40 PM   #68
LeosForLess
Quote:
That was the quote, sorry other one was wrong

Old 01-24-2006, 09:56 PM   #69
The NY Gecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by g&mgeckos
Steph I have a question. How will Hets be handled? Since alot of newbies start with hets and I myself have several this year I am curious.

Also what about when something different pops up from these hets? Not mine but lets say Jeremy's Raining Red Stripes just for example. Nothing meant by that just has an example.

Tom I hope you didn't feel I was picking on you. I did not mean it to come across that way. I honestly thought you had more animals, but I think you have the bug now so that 3 will probally turn into 30 before you know it! LOL!
firs till handle the offensive part. no you werent offensive. even if it seems im geting offended im really not. unles si say otherwise jsut assume im ok.i also like to bust on ppl once in awhile too, make everything more irregular

Old 01-24-2006, 09:58 PM   #70
The NY Gecko
ooops forgot in my rush. i hope that someday tha ti will have alot more than 30. alot more. among other various reptiles. i love almsot all reptiles big or small.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!