Biodome/scorpian/leo/ plus extras - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-23-2006, 09:14 PM   #21
KatieDB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercedez
ive put my age that high so i would be taken serious unlike the other two forums that i get mocked on.
No one here is judged negatively because of their age. Your knowledge of the animals in your care and your willingness to listen to the advice you ask for is what we judge you on.

No one will want to help you if you refuse to listen to experienced owners and breeders

Quote:
im not trying to be rude its just that i wasted alot of my allounce on these animals.
thanks
If an animal is a waste of money to you, don't buy it. The fact that you said that and at the same time try to tell the posters here that they dont know as much about the animals they love and care for as some crappy earth science teacher disturbs me.

Old 01-23-2006, 09:15 PM   #22
ByRandom
Let's see what I can do with this one:

Temperature:

Iguana: 85-90F (basking)
Fire Belly Newts: 68-70F (ambient)
Leopard Geckos: 86-92F (belly heat)
Green Anoles: 85-90F (basking)
Red-Tail Boa: 90-95 (basking)

Basic Environmental Needs:

Iguana: Mostly Arboreal. Rainforest.
Fire Belly Newts: Semi-Aquatic.
Leopard Geckos: Terrestrial. Arid, hot environment.
Green Anoles: Tropical to Semi-Tropical. 70-80% humidity.
Red-Tail Boa: Lower humidity. Terrestrial, although they do enjoy climbing.

Diet:

Iguana: Mostly plant matter, at least 90%.
Fire Belly Newts: Live insects including crickets, wax worms, and bloodworms.
Leopard Geckos: Live insects including crickets, mealworms, superworms.
Green Anoles: Live insects including small crickets, roaches.
Red-Tail Boa: Mice, lizards, birds

Parasites:

All of these animals have specific parasites within their fecal matter that could be fatal to the other animals within their tank. They are from different parts of the world, thus their immune systems are not capable of handling such parasites. Not to mention the absolute overload of the nitrogen cycle within the tank. It is not going to be selfsustaining due to the fact that I imagine you added them all in together.

Adult Size:

Iguana: 4 to 6 feet.
Fire Belly Newts: Up to 6 inches.
Leopard Geckos: 8-10 inches.
Red-Tail Boa: Females average 7'- 9', males average 5' - 8'.

Nocturnal/Diurnal:

Iguana: Diurnal
Fire Belly Newts: Partially Diurnal
Leopard Geckos: Nocturnal
Green Anoles: Nocturnal
Red-Tail Boa: Nocturnal

Overview:

Let us pause here and take in that information.

Deep breath, take a minute to stretch. Alright...

Red-Tail Boas get huge. They will eat almost anything, which means good bye leopard geckos and fire belly newts. As long as the Anoles are lucky enough to stay on the sides of the glass, they'll be okay before they die of a lack of humidity.

FB Newts will kill anything that eat them. So the RTB would die. Seeing as most of these animals are nocturnal, they will run into eachother at some point.

More than likely the reason that the animals have yet to harm eachother is simple. The first week or so of life within a new habitat, most of all the reptiles I have owned hide and stay out of sight. This is ludicrous.

If your Teacher wants to comment, he can do so, and/or you both can e-mail me and we'll have a little debate where I will then request the assistance of my coworker's husband who is recognized as a herpetologist through all of the zoology and reptile related courses he has studied.

Old 01-23-2006, 09:21 PM   #23
ByRandom
Another thought. In a tank that size for small anoles, leopard geckos, the scorpion, they would starve due to the fact that the insects would be so spread out that you would have to supply hundreds of feeders for them to even come across a few.

Old 01-23-2006, 09:26 PM   #24
LeosForLess
Note his red karma. I was oging to reply when i first read it but waited, i guess others waited also. I dont even have much of a comment on this, im 15 and i get respected, look back some posts and sombody is thanking the forum for being so kind to people at a young age, so dont use that as a nexcuse.

Old 01-23-2006, 09:32 PM   #25
dragonflyreptiles
Mike, sorry for some of the advise going at you in a negative way, most people here are so deicated to their reptiles that it is hard to imagine someone putting these reptiles together even for a week.

So here is my advise as nicely as I can put it and I hope it helps.

The reason it will not work is because you do not have tons of acerage for them to all cohabitate together. You would need an ecosystem of a desert area all the way to a rain forest area of mass acerage to provide each species with what it needs.

You age means nothing to me at all, my 6 year old son and 3 year old daughter are avidly learing about reptiles daily. We all start somewhere.

Im sorry your teacher gave you bad advise and I hope you can correct the problem by getting all of the reptiles into an adequate setting for the habitat needs.

Old 01-23-2006, 09:37 PM   #26
Sarah H
I don't buy it. I think we have a troll.

Old 01-23-2006, 09:38 PM   #27
The NY Gecko
Quote:
ive put my age that high so i would be taken serious unlike the other two forums that i get mocked on. i seriously want advice. please. i want this to work. it seems ok now. i dont understand why everyone thinks its not going to work. what is the difference in the acutaly world..
Also i come from an innercity school so maybe he doesnt have a great knowledge but i really want this to work . can someone please give me positive advice and stop telling me im an idiot.
had to stop here. your already off on the wrong foot. plan backfired and youve done a great job so far. me i have no patience for this kind of mal-caring. id take those animals from you if i had the chance. waiting for you to seperate them isnt going to work, i can already tell that. numerous people have already given you flak and your defending it. this is pontless. i wouldnt waste my time typing all this and im sure nobody else here would if we were wrong. cmon dude.wake up. not all of us can be wrong. and were saying the same thing. so...... you tell me.

Old 01-23-2006, 09:38 PM   #28
LeosForLess
There was sombody in the chat named MandyBunBun, perefalcon and Balloonz kno who im talking about.

Old 01-23-2006, 09:43 PM   #29
BalloonzForU
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannanD25
One other question, Mike it says you are 20? But you are talking about your teacher and getting an allowance(not a professor and paycheck)? How old are you really?
LOL....I was thinking the same thing!

Old 01-23-2006, 09:49 PM   #30
Sarah H
Just looked at the other threads, Every one started here by this person is worded in a way to start an argument or get under someones skin. Deffinetly a troll imo. This person isn't cluless just aperently bored or has a grudge.
hmmm....how do you check isp s here?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!