Beware of Steve Weissman aka Santa Cruz Reptiles - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:38 AM   #31
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony McCain
All I am saying is UNLESS the UPS driver actually seen the empty box IMMEDIATELY upon delivery that ANYTHING could have happened to the box afterwords, it is quite simple I think...
Quite simple? No...that's ridiculous.

Quote:
I am just saying that WITHOUT a testimony from the last UPS driver stating that he witnessed the box being opened to find it empty that a judge will have a hard time deciding what actually happened here, if it was UPS that took the styro and the snake , if Steve actually did ship an empty box
Did you actually type that with a straight face? How can you possibly be serious? I have received hundreds of UPS shipments over the years, and NOT ONCE has the driver ever stuck around long enough to watch me open a box.

Quote:
OR if the people on the receiving end potentially figured out a sly way to get a snake for FREE, that is all I am saying here ....
I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. I don't want to have to give myself warning points after the fact.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:40 AM   #32
Gecko_Den
Dimensional weight has nothing to do with it, UPS will bill you for the dimensional weight of the box, but the ACTUAL weight is what is put on the shipping label when you drop the box off at their counter. Regardless, the only thing UPS will do is yank the account since it violates their policy to ship snakes. The fact that UPS was even used to ship a $7500 snake makes me shake my head in disbelief...

Old 01-18-2006, 12:40 AM   #33
ajc
Quote:
Originally Posted by VandeverExotics
Wouldn't most people agree that if your TOS states that if the snake doesn't arrive to you alive (especially if it doesn't arrive at all), then the seller is obligated to make it right?

Follow me for a minute. Steve claims that someone from UPS must have opened the package before delivery and removed the contents. Assume for a moment that this did happen. Isn't Steve still obligated, under his own TOS, to replace the snake or ship back the original traded snake? I seriously would like to know if anyone else thinks that this responsibility falls back on Steve, even if UPS took the snake.
It shouldn't be any different than if the entire package were lost, or the snake died...or as Steve first tried to imply, if the box were crushed and the snake escaped while still in a deli cup or bag.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:41 AM   #34
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by VandeverExotics
Follow me for a minute. Steve claims that someone from UPS must have opened the package before delivery and removed the contents. Assume for a moment that this did happen. Isn't Steve still obligated, under his own TOS, to replace the snake or ship back the original traded snake? I seriously would like to know if anyone else thinks that this responsibility falls back on Steve, even if UPS took the snake.
Absolutely it does.

(Even though I don't believe for a second that that is what happened. If nothing else, how would they have opened the box without tearing up the label?)

Old 01-18-2006, 12:44 AM   #35
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony McCain
I don't have the desire to get into a argument here folks , I have better things than this to do with my time!!! All I am saying is UNLESS the UPS driver actually seen the empty box IMMEDIATELY upon delivery that ANYTHING could have happened to the box afterwords, it is quite simple I think... AND YES the Super Pastel is small I have him here and he is WELL under 100 grams even after several meals here, email me directly if you want a pic of him on my scale... He was produced from A Super x Super breeding and was not only a late hatch but was small (under 50 grams at hatching)due to the fact that the Super female that produced him was small... I know for a fact that the box I received my Super in DID NOT weigh much if any over 1 LB , packing peanuts, a heat pack , a 75 gram snake and a 17 oz box could easily be rounded out to 1 LB at UPS , for that weight they would go by dimensional weight anyways as it would easily be well under there weight restristions for a box that size anyways... As I said I am NOT about to get into all this , I am just saying that WITHOUT a testimony from the last UPS driver stating that he witnessed the box being opened to find it empty that a judge will have a hard time deciding what actually happened here, if it was UPS that took the styro and the snake , if Steve actually did ship an empty box , OR if the people on the receiving end potentially figured out a sly way to get a snake for FREE, that is all I am saying here .... I am not the Judge but If I were this is what I would be trying to decide.... Anthony McCain-McCain's Reptiles.......
Anthony, I am not here to start an argument either. But the tracking # where you did receive the package from Steve would show proof of that transaction, as well as the weight to compare this to. It would sure clear all of this up. As for the total weight according UPS it does in fact roll over to the next pound if it is over one pound. The total weight also has to do with biable weight (diameters of the box). Does anyone have the diameters of this box.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:46 AM   #36
VandeverExotics
Oh, I agree Dr. Owens. I simply meant that question to cover Steve's hypothetical conclusion as to what might have happened. So, either way, even through his own words, Steve is RESPONSIBLE for this.

And JMHO, I believe the package was shipped from it's origin just as that. A package, with nothing in it. And I don't think anyone, with the exception of maybe one person, doubts your word Dr. Owens. And that one person, from what I can gather, has no valid grounds to doubt your word.

Just keep this thread alive until Steve comes here and admits he was wrong and is responsible to make this right.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:47 AM   #37
Dr Owens
I'm sure that someone is going to ask at some point, so here's a pic of the bottom of the box: (Obviously it hasn't been tampered with.)
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2006, 12:47 AM   #38
Jeremy Letkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Owens
If nothing else, how would they have opened the box without tearing up the label?)
What is the condition of the bottom of the box? This is a rhetorical question. I do not expect you to say "oh yeah, I forgot about that". You could however post a picture of the bottom for the sake of argument.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:48 AM   #39
Jeremy Letkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Owens
I'm sure that someone is going to ask at some point, so here's a pic of the bottom of the box: (Obviously it hasn't been tampered with.)
See, that is what I figured. LOL

Old 01-18-2006, 12:49 AM   #40
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Letkey
What is the condition of the bottom of the box? This is a rhetorical question. I do not expect you to say "oh yeah, I forgot about that". You could however post a picture of the bottom for the sake of argument.
Dang! Am I psychic or what???

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!