What does your USER NAME mean? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 04-08-2006, 12:01 PM   #1
tandy4000
What does your USER NAME mean?

I've had this idea for a while and I was reading ladyserpents thread and got modivated to create this one.

So, I'll start. Tandy computers made in the late 80's and early 90's. Tandy computers went out of buisness some time ago, but I still have fond memories of them. The Tandy 4000 was my first computer, hence the user name.

Old 04-08-2006, 12:08 PM   #2
Laura Fopiano
Well Daniel, I'm not that creative here, I use my name....however on another reptile forum my user name is "Onmyown" I recently went through a divorce hence the phrase "on my own"

Old 04-08-2006, 12:26 PM   #3
Lucille
Some of the people on a list I made a while back of interesting user names have still not fessed up to why they chose these particular monikers:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...creative+names

Old 04-09-2006, 12:01 AM   #4
Ginger Ambrose
My Screen name

Old Beginner

I had kept boas in the past and had stopped for quite a few years.
When I was ready to dive back into this wonderful addiction I was
about to turn 40.
A bit old for someone starting again< I felt anyway.
And since it had been so long I felt like a beginner all over again.

Now I am 42 and I have been back for a couple of years.......and I am once again obsessed.....addicted........and down right nuts about my snakes.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:11 AM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
My user name her used to be codyremmyloo which is Cody (R)odney and Emily (Emmyloo) (the loo is for Lucille, my mothers neighbor which is not a part of Emily's legal name but still a part of her because Lucille was a major factor in my life) so I used it as my user ID here, there, everywhere, actually still do, except for here.

Once things on fauna became business, which I never ever wanted, I did not want my children to be in that part, the business aspect of the hobby so I asked Rich to change it to my website addy of dragonflyreptiles, and bless the man, he did it with in minutes of my request within out question evenon even during his busy season.

So thats all Ive got, my User ID is no longer and will never be what I wanted it to be, I did not want my children to be any part of anything that had a business end of transaction attached to it.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:25 AM   #6
dragonflyreptiles
And guys Im sorry, thats probably too much information given on a simple fun thing but like I said, its all I have, I would have rather have codyremmyloo as a user ID, butnot with business added to it.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:26 AM   #7
Matt Haines
My name is my real name as well. Although I have used other names throughout the net such as....

Yashiro = good son. But I chose it due to my liking of the video game The King Of Fighters.

Kusanagi = grass cutter or sword of snake. Better I didn't use it's full name that is.....

Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi = Sword of the heaven of the clustering clouds

Old 04-09-2006, 12:48 AM   #8
varnyard
Well my user name, as I stated in the other thread is Varnyard. I raised monitors for many years, however I don't have any now. Varanus is the proper name for the monitor family. When I raised all the monitors here, it was more like a varnyard, then a barnyard. Thus the name. I now raise Argentine tegus, they are not in the varanus family. But I had the name so long, I cannot see changing it now. I do not have any other usernames except varnyard1 on ebay.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:55 AM   #9
ladyserpent7
i use mine everywhere as well, not only on fauna...i made it up cuz it sounds feminine, with a bit of i dont know...sassy snake.......kinda like lures you in....entrancing.....maybe i just think too much of it.....haha....but i like it.....and 7 cuz thats my favorite number.

Old 04-22-2006, 12:43 PM   #10
Junkyard
Good thing you started that thread Lucille before I signed up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!