Killing the messengers.... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #21
mxracer4life
I am glad to hear something is being done. I have kept myself and others out of the BOI due to the "wolves". Thanks Rich!

Old 04-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #22
WebSlave
Bear in mind that neither myself nor the mods are psychic and can head off the crap BEFORE it shows up. All we can do is react after the fact. But the people who are inclined to cause that sort of trouble around here will be weeded out soon enough when the infraction points do what they are designed to do.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #23
Scaled Perfection
Nice work Rich, its nice to see that the "Wolves" will get some justice too. I agree that stupid/redundant bad guy post dont belong in the BOI, but legit or some what plausible post or inquiries do not need to be hacked and butchered to the point of making the OP leaving the site. I dont like using the BOI but after this I might reconsider. Nothing more frustrating that trying to read a BOI post to get some background info on a buyer/seller and having to read 10+ pages of people belittling the OP over a simple human mistake or typo and not getting any info on the person that your searching.

Hopefully these changes take effect!

Old 07-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #24
Dragondad
well about time

after a year totally away from this site, I have to say that year is due to the abuse of the messenger. One of which is banned, the other is more quiet than he was but still seems to be out there but not as vocal.

I will support Rich and try to buy from the classifieds of Fauna, But this will be the last post ever. I know Rich wont delete a member name but too many good people are gone, or would never go against the abuse of the "wolf pack" to say what they really felt. I just wasnt worth it, I made my mistakes I accept them., but the mistake I regret the most is bringing it to the BOI.

Good bye

Old 07-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #25
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondad View Post
But this will be the last post ever.
Michael, please reconsider. Just as we all, hopefully, grow and change, sites grow and change as well. The entire tenor of this thread is to say that the site is moving towards not permitting the kind of abuse you mention.

This is not a ladies bridge meeting here, with tiny sandwiches and polite talk that avoids real issues. Those who come to the BOI have sometimes lost money, been lied to and scammed, and feelings run high.

We all need to be reminded sometimes that there is a line between expressing genuine outrage to a thief or scammer and crossing the line into abuse. And the safer people feel in expressing their feelings, the more effective the BOI will become. It should not be emasculated, there is a place for the outrage. And there is a place for you to express what you feel as well. It's a process.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #26
WebSlave
Quote:
after a year totally away from this site, I have to say that year is due to the abuse of the messenger. One of which is banned, the other is more quiet than he was but still seems to be out there but not as vocal.

I will support Rich and try to buy from the classifieds of Fauna, But this will be the last post ever. I know Rich wont delete a member name but too many good people are gone, or would never go against the abuse of the "wolf pack" to say what they really felt. I just wasnt worth it, I made my mistakes I accept them., but the mistake I regret the most is bringing it to the BOI.

Good bye
And a fact that apparently is transparent to some, some "not so good" people are gone from here as well. And not necessarily by their choosing.

As for why genuinely good people have left this site, apparently what this site provides is not what they were looking for. That's fine. I would prefer that they just go somewhere else more to their liking rather than hanging around here bitchin' and moaning about how this site isn't perfect for them and telling me why I have to change it to THEIR liking. Truth of the matter is, this site is doing just fine without them. So by their leaving this site, who was really harmed by it?

Old 07-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #27
BR289
Hello all,
Although I don't post much at all on these forums ( I spend most of my day "Monitoring forums on R/C plane sites as part of my job ) I have read much of this and agree that you will NOT make everyone happy and the best you can do is run a site and hope the majority like it and does not "Cater" to a select few.
I for one have found alot of the information on here very useful, especially the BOI section as I have decided to get back into this hobby with more vigor than before as far as breeding more and not just keeping a few snakes in the house so to speak.
As some people that have been around for a long time ( and there aren't many that I can see ) can probably attest too, back in the 80's and early to mid 90's there weren't too many people breeding in the hobby as there are now. There were also MANY "un-trustworthy" people in the business that were only out to make a buck and couldn't care less about the animals they sold or the people they sold them too.
I remember going to Rich Z's house ( way back actually )when he lived in Maryland with my friend Mike whom I spent countless hours with in his basement taking care of and breeding snakes and some other reptiles and knew he was one of the "Good Guys" in the Business/Hobby and he to me was one of few that were out there. Nowadays after being away from the hobby for the most part I am not only shocked at all the "Corn Snake Morphs" but also how the hobby has grown and sites like this one and the BOI is a great help for many people. .
I for one appreciate the efforts and enjoy reading both the good and bad......and feel if someone isn't getting whatever they are looking for in this or any other site, just don't frequent it and at the very least don't complain about it. Having an opinion is fine and maybe even offering a few suggestions but constant complaining and "Bitching" doesn't help anyone. Just my opinion....
Blair

Old 07-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #28
sschind
Quote:

Good bye

Unfortunately, as all to often happens, saying what they really feel has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Too many people are making personal attacks that are not related to the situation. This goes for everyone, not just the "wolf pack" or the "good people" who don't want to go against it. Neither side, if there are sides, has a monopoly on jerks.

It would be nice if every bad guy post was justified but lets face it, some people are going jump the gun or over react to a deal they perceive as bad. Those people are going post bad guy threads that many of us think are premature or simply unfounded. If that's the case a simple "I think this thread is premature" or "I think you might be wrong about this" followed by a SIMPLE explanation of your feelings are all that are needed.

I can't tell you how many threads have led to multiple people on my not to do business with list. Many times it is not just the bad guy but the OP as well and on numerous occasions it has been someone just adding their 2 cents. My suggestion is to actually read what you intend to post BEFORE you hit the submit reply button. If you don't care that it may make you seem like an idiot or a jerk to someone else then by all means hit the button. On the other hand, if it does make you think a bit you may want to consider editing it.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #29
ecomorph
I think that the site has turned into a mud hole. There are people who say things and make accusations and the person being accused has to fight to keep a good standing. Little to no recourse is available and there are instances of liable and slander here daily. Fauna was at one time a place to meet and sell now its a place to get beat to hell.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #30
Utta
Don't like it, you know where the door is.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!