Info Global Captive Breeders - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #71
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus q View Post
If what I am hearing is true,he is facing one of the stiffest sentences for this type of crime .All this will depend on the legal authorities discretion of course .Please remember to some of those involved in this case ,we are all like Mitch ,and we better be ready for what is coming .
No, we're not.

He's the crud from the bottom of the cesspool. I have no doubt at all that he brought this on himself. No one forced him to treat his animals the way he did.

I know what you mean, but your statement makes unpleasant associations.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #72
typherp
I think he meant to say you not we... Meaning his employees.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #73
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by typherp View Post
http://www.peta2.com/campaigns/hell-...m_medium=Alert

This article is from PETA......so I don't support it, but the photos posted are really telling of who Mitch Behm really is. He is a sick-man who cares about money only. I hope they throw him in a slammer and treat him like he treated the animals under his "care."
i am truly crying and could not watch it all. He needs more then jail. This is all the curse words i could use.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #74
AF Exotics
Wes ,I am not saying anybody is like Mitch ,or to be associated with his type ,but extremist will lump us together at their threshhold of " wrong " ,based on our desire to enjoy reptiles in our homes .That we have them ,is cause enough and their mission is one sided.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #75
AF Exotics
Ty is correct ,"not, was omitted by mistake .We are not like Mitch ,but to them ,we have reptiles ,thus we are in the wrong.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #76
AF Exotics
It's always that line of thinking ,we have a problem with one individual ,let's punish the group .I hope they focus on who did this ,not the community he called himself part of . To let animals languish that way is disgusting and he deserves the harshest punishment .

Old 12-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #77
chondrogal
I relocated to FL a couple years ago but prior to this I owned/operated a pet business (grooming shop) in Lake Elsinore for 25 years. I have worked with Animal Control and worked with and supported their rescue work over the years. One thing I can tell you all is that Willa Bagwell is a tenacious, hard worker when it comes to animal welfare and she will fight to insure that maximum punishment for this crime is given. Things will not be shoved under the rug and animal control has good support throughout the county so it very likely that this will indeed be punished to the maximum allowed under the current law. No matter what punishment received it will never be enough compared to the crimes that Mitch has committed.
I found it very difficult to look at the pictures and videos shared here, privately my inbox has been full of "Did you see this?" and it just makes me sick sick sick to my stomach. From the feeder animals that were disrespected to exotic, rare species that are threatened in their native habitats. What a waste of precious life.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #78
reptifari
Yep, people in this industry best regulate themselves or practice standards of protocol or we will forever be vilified by the public. Unfortunately, the animal industry is only as strong as its weakest link. Now is the best time to adopt industry standards, even for hobbyists such as me. Terrible and sad.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #79
killimike
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus q View Post
Wes ,I am not saying anybody is like Mitch ,or to be associated with his type ,but extremist will lump us together at their threshhold of " wrong " ,based on our desire to enjoy reptiles in our homes .That we have them ,is cause enough and their mission is one sided.
100% right. It's a given with PETA, but as an example, what conclusion do they draw after showing you the terrible pictures?

'Don't buy from a shop that sells animals'

Note, not 'Don't buy animals', but don't even buy other things from a shop that sells animals. Or, the unavoidable implication goes, you are to blame for the things that happen in these terrible pictures. So every single person on these boards is part of the problem to them... you cannot reason with people who come to the table with this mindset.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #80
AF Exotics
Very true Michael ,unfortunately ,there are more events about that portray us in a bad light,than the positive ones .How many times do you see an "Immaculate environment and devoted reptile keeper extrordinaire"video or thread ,yet we all know a lot of keepers who do take the intiative to care for their herps in sch a fashion .We better start educating and illuminating before we lose the privilege .We need the DVM's and the AZA as allies in this,and change how we interact with them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!