Ebola epidemic - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 08-15-2014, 06:16 PM   #61
rcarichter
Oh, yes. There are books, clothes, weapons. It's an entire industry. Seriously. And some people never break character. I've seen interviews where people have changed their homes and built shelters. They take it just as seriously as those who believe they've been abducted and probed by aliens.

For the record, I'm not a believer in either.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:02 PM   #62
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post
Oh, yes. There are books, clothes, weapons. It's an entire industry. Seriously. And some people never break character. I've seen interviews where people have changed their homes and built shelters. They take it just as seriously as those who believe they've been abducted and probed by aliens.

For the record, I'm not a believer in either.
Holy mackerel!!!
Well, I guess I am out of luck. Especially since I'm just down the road from that Ebola lab they are going to build in Galveston.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:13 PM   #63
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
You can prepare for zombies?
Sure! LOTS of ammunition! They apparently don't feel pain, so you have to incapacitate. Head shots are highly recommended.

Yeah, been playing too many games lately....

Old 08-15-2014, 07:24 PM   #64
Lucille
If you shoot em in the head their blood will glorp all over the place. And just cuz they're cured doesn't mean they might not be carriers.
How are you going to kill something that doesn't feel pain and that you have to avoid blood and body fluid contamination?

Old 08-15-2014, 07:40 PM   #65
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
If you shoot em in the head their blood will glorp all over the place. And just cuz they're cured doesn't mean they might not be carriers.
How are you going to kill something that doesn't feel pain and that you have to avoid blood and body fluid contamination?
That's why scopes were made to put onto rifles.....

Old 08-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #66
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
That's why scopes were made to put onto rifles.....

Old 08-15-2014, 11:51 PM   #67
LauraB
Geez, people! I'm in Atlanta!

That's where the "Walking Dead" zombies we battle day to day originated from! You won't see it on Fox or CNN headline news

Now we have to worry about zombie medical personnel/professionals curing incoming Ebola patients at Emory where the zombies first emerged? Egads!

I'm outta here ... taking my sword, compound bow, rifle and dogs and heading for the hills ... only because my underground compound has not been completed and was taken over by nasty moles, chipmunks and stinging ants.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:03 AM   #68
Dennis Hultman
US doctor with Ebola to be released from hospital soon

http://news.yahoo.com/us-doctor-ebol...174919099.html

Washington (AFP) - The American doctor who became ill with the Ebola virus while treating patients in Liberia will be released from a US hospital soon, a Christian aid group said Thursday.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:10 PM   #69
Dennis Hultman
With Aid Doctors Gone, Ebola Fight Grows Harder
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/17/wo...rder.html?_r=0
Quote:
Liberia, population four million, has fewer than 250 doctors left in the entire country, according to the Liberia Medical and Dental Council. Seven doctors there have contracted Ebola, and two of them have died.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:14 PM   #70
Dennis Hultman
Ebola-Stricken Countries Turning to Ancient Practice to Curb Outbreak

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ebola-s...ry?id=24964423
Quote:
Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia – the countries hardest hit by the deadly virus – have started to set up a cross-border isolation zone patrolled by guards, according to the Associated Press. Food and medical supplies will be delivered inside the “cordon sanitaire” or sanitary barrier, but no one will be allowed to leave.
Quote:
While the planned isolation zone would enclose an estimated 70 percent of the epidemic, that leaves 30 percent on the other side of the barrier. And the barrier may not be 100 percent effective at keeping people inside the zone, Schaffner said, explaining how people might try to flee through back roads.
Quote:
The barriers can also put healthy people at risk by bringing them closer to people with the virus,

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!