Ebola epidemic - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 08-20-2014, 07:11 PM   #81
rcarichter
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Do you think, perhaps, someone might be thinking of a way to PURPOSELY get an ebola infected person into the USA?
Nothing would surprise me. I also wonder how much will get in with the illegal pet trade (primates).

Old 08-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #82
j_dunlavy
there is someone being tested for ebola in a south Sacramento (CA) Kaiser, so, yeah...
Time to stock up on extra water, spam and beer?
I don't really think so (except for the beer part...)

Old 08-20-2014, 08:03 PM   #83
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
You can prepare for zombies?
In the middle of watching World War Z

Old 08-20-2014, 08:30 PM   #84
rcarichter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
In the middle of watching World War Z
I believe there are only 3 decent zombie movies: The original (Night of the Living Dead), 28 Days Later, and World War Z. Let me know how you like it!

Noelle

Old 08-20-2014, 08:33 PM   #85
bcr229
1,350 dead, 2,250 known to have fallen ill...

...and up to 30,000 people will need the Ebola drug (link)

Old 08-20-2014, 09:37 PM   #86
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post
I believe there are only 3 decent zombie movies: The original (Night of the Living Dead), 28 Days Later, and World War Z. Let me know how you like it!

Noelle
Entertaining if one glosses over the not-well-thought out premises like how zombies would know a person is ill.
But the recurring theme of looking for the weak spots in viral illness is timely indeed.

And maybe it's just me, but if they found the way to avoid infection by the zombies, I found it distasteful that they would herd the zombies who presumably were no longer a threat into large enclosures and burn them. Perhaps in time they too could be cured.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:27 PM   #87
Dennis Hultman
Two Americans who had been infected with Ebola leave Atlanta hospital

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-hospital.html

Quote:
Two American missionaries who fell ill with the dangerous Ebola virus while working in Liberia have recovered and have been released from an Atlanta hospital, doctors said.

Dr Kent Brantly, 33, and Nancy Writebol, 60, became sick with Ebola in Monrovia last month, and were airlifted to Emory University Hospital for treatment.

"The discharge from the hospital of both these patients poses no public health threat," said Bruce Ribner, director of Emory's Infectious Disease Unit.

Ms Writebol was released on August 19, according to a statement from the aid group for which she worked, SIM USA.

Dr Brantly appeared alongside doctors from Emory University Hospital at a press conference, smiling in a blue dress shirt and holding hands with his wife.

After a rigorous course of treatment and testing, the Emory Healthcare team has determined that both patients have recovered from the Ebola virus and can return to their families and community without concern for spreading this infection to others," Mr Ribner said.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #88
AbsoluteApril
this was an interesting story about how the Ebola was spread and shows how vital getting people informed about what to avoid would help stop the spread (touching the bodies of the deceased during traditional funeral rites)

http://news.yahoo.com/sierra-leones-...065404276.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post
I believe there are only a few decent zombie movies: The original (Night of the Living Dead), 28 Days Later, and Shaun of the Dead. Let me know how you like it!

Noelle
fixed it for ya
lol sorry but those play-doh zombies were laughable in WWZ IMO.

Pretty much all the 'of the living dead's are good, I think the first two are the best in the series. 28 days later was fantastic for fast zombies, the sequel was terrible. I have Juan of the Dead but haven't watched it yet, it's supposed to be hilarious and gory.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:19 PM   #89
rcarichter
Umm...thanks?

Old 08-21-2014, 03:10 PM   #90
AbsoluteApril
I thought the idea of a tiny bit of blood being all it takes for the infection to set in as seen in 24 days later was very well done.

I was kinda hoping to hear why you guys liked WWZ so much? oh well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!