Humidity Level for Cali King Eggs? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-18-2019, 07:28 PM   #1
Runs_With_Wolves
Humidity Level for Cali King Eggs?

At what humidity level should California Kingsnake eggs be kept at?

Old 06-26-2019, 04:56 AM   #2
KingsnakeKing
To be honest I've never really gauged the humidity of kingsnake eggs but instead give them the eye test. Since Cal kings come a desert environment their eggs are pretty resilient but if you've never hatched eggs before I recommend using hatchrite. This substrate takes a lot of the guesswork out of it and I have had a lot of success with it. If the eggs appear dented, this shows signs of dehydration especially if this occurs soon after they are laid. It can be tricky to rehydrate a severely dehydrated egg because this will more often than not lead to mold in the incubation chamber which is another discussion in itself but if you have any questions in regard to that feel free to contact me!

Old 08-08-2019, 09:14 AM   #3
williamtomfrank
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runs_With_Wolves View Post
At what humidity level should California Kingsnake eggs be kept at?
Everything I have read says it is most important to keep the eggs at about 81 degrees Fahrenheit, high 90s for humidity and very well ventilated. The last one is key if you want to avoid molding with those types of humidity.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!