Rodentpro (bad) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:03 PM   #21
Michael Y
"my wife went to the greyhound and they have no packages today"

Did you just go down there and just wait???? You have to call Greyhound first to make sure the box is there. Greyhound does NOT guarentee an arrival time. They seem to always be a day behind. The way RodentPro pack there rats, they will still be frozen. I have never had a problem with them thawing and I live in Los Angeles were it gets to 100 in the Valley.

Mike Yarish

Old 05-16-2007, 10:09 PM   #22
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher66
Would you please fill me in on the bus delivery,i haven't ever used them only ups.
Why would you use them?
It is Rodentpro's choice on which delivery method they use. I imagine if you specifically asked for a different method, they may do it differently.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:09 PM   #23
Griz
Did you happen to order some common sense with this RodentPro order? Talk about jumping the gun. You don't go off and label a company a bad guy simply because you think you're having issues. RodentPro has a solid reputation in this industry and when mistakes have happened they have always, to my best knowledge, made things right. Why don't you give them a chance first before labeling them a bad guy. Pathetic.

Griz

Old 05-16-2007, 10:28 PM   #24
ssshane
RodentPro Bad??

I definately would not worry. Even if a mistake was made, it should still arrive solid as a rock. And like others mentioned, they will stand behind any mistakes they make. I am placing an order right after typing this. I wouldn't worry too much.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:29 PM   #25
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
It is Rodentpro's choice on which delivery method they use. I imagine if you specifically asked for a different method, they may do it differently.

NO thats wrong,it says on their web site their" choice of shippers are",
with the shippers listed.Not its their choice how to ship.
When i place my order the shipping prompt comes up when ordering as to how " I " want it shipped i have alwasy chosen to have ups ground deliver 2-3 days.
and the shipping also has to do when the product was ordered .

I would have to think that its cheaper to have it shipped by bus.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:31 PM   #26
christopher66
Quote:

sorry, has to do with what day the order was placed on

Old 05-16-2007, 10:37 PM   #27
Cat_72
Quote:
NO thats wrong,it says on their web site their" choice of shippers are",
with the shippers listed.Not its their choice how to ship.
When i place my order the shipping prompt comes up when ordering as to how " I " want it shipped i have alwasy chosen to have ups ground deliver 2-3 days.

I would have to think that its cheaper to have it shipped by bus.
Directly from the Rodentpro site:

Policy & Terms
Shipping

All shipments: Freight on buyer / Evansville. All frozen shipments are packaged in insulated boxes and dry ice is used to guarantee frozen delivery. Our courier of choice will be UPS Air Service, UPS Ground Service or Greyhound PackageXPRESS. Greyhound PackageXPRESS shipments will be held for pick-up at the Greyhound terminal of your choice. We will calculate your freight cost and choose the courier that is most economical in reference to your particular shipment.

I'm not saying anything bad about them....I'm just saying that's the way they do it unless you choose otherwise.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:46 PM   #28
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Would you please fill me in on the bus delivery,i haven't ever used them only ups.
Why would you use them?

When you order from Rodent Pro, you have two choices of shipping: Fedex or Greyhound Express.

Fedex is what we are all used to in terms of guaranteed arrival time, tracking info, etc. The cost is based on the weight of the box, and can get very expensive.

Greyhound Express is similar to USPS priority shipping. It takes three to five business days, there is no tracking available, and no quaranteed arrival time.

The advantage is that it is vastly cheaper. The boxes they ship Greyhound in are literally twice the size of the Fedex boxes. They actually put two of the Fedex size boxes inside one big one for Greyhound shipping. And the shipping is a flat $65 per box (that may have gone up since Feb though).

My order in February was two full Greyhound boxes, and the cost was $130.

If I'd had it shipped Fedex, it would have been 4 boxes, and the cost would have been almost $300.

With the Fedex shipping, Rodent Pro guarantees delivery time, and frozen product.

With Greyhound, they only guarantee that the product will show up within 5 days, but that it will arrive frozen. As I said, my Feb order arrived on the 5th day (Greyhound called me at 7am to let me know it was there), but every last rat was still frozen solid.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:00 PM   #29
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Directly from the Rodentpro site:

Policy & Terms
Shipping

All shipments: Freight on buyer / Evansville. All frozen shipments are packaged in insulated boxes and dry ice is used to guarantee frozen delivery. Our courier of choice will be UPS Air Service, UPS Ground Service or Greyhound PackageXPRESS. Greyhound PackageXPRESS shipments will be held for pick-up at the Greyhound terminal of your choice. We will calculate your freight cost and choose the courier that is most economical in reference to your particular shipment.

I'm not saying anything bad about them....I'm just saying that's the way they do it unless you choose otherwise.
Oops, I just looked at their site, they aren't using Fedex anymore, they're using UPS AirService. And the cost of Greyhound has gone up to $70 per box.

Cathy, if you go to "get a quote online" on Rodent Pro's site, you pick the product you want (rats, mice) and enter your zip code.

It then allows you to order whatever quantities you want, and shows you what percentage of box space you've used for both UPS and Greyhound. That way you can completely fill the box. The default shipping method is UPS, but when actually go to place the order, you can change to Greyhound Express.

I just did a dummy order of 100 rat pinks, 250 rat pups and 80 XXXL rats (Jumbos). UPS shipping on that order is four boxes for a total of $322 S&H. The same quantity shipped by Greyhound is $210 S&H for three boxes, one of which is half full. So, you'd save $110 shipping with Greyhound.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:32 PM   #30
morphevolutions
IMO, this has nothing to do with Rodent Pro. Whether you chose greyhound or not, greyhound shipping sucks and is usually a hassle the first few times you try it out. The advantage is it's a lot cheaper to order a large number of rodents as already stated.

The first time I ordered via greyhound I was told it would arrive at a certain day and time. Drove down there, had to wait an hour while the guy was at lunch. He finally shows up, no package. It didn't arrive, and greyhound has no tracking system. His advice, go home and wait to be called, it may or may not show up.

It didn't that day, or the next. It did the following day and I got a call to come pick up my order. This was not the rodent shipping companies fault. This is what you deal with when you deal with greyhound shipping. Now that I understand the system, it goes fairly smoothly.

IMO, this should have never been brought to the BOI. What's the rush? Give RP time to respond. There is nothing they can do anyway. The package will get there.. eventually. Whether you post this the day after the problem, or two weeks later, the info will still be there. You should always give a company time to respond before complaining about it here. A company the size of RP is not always going to be around to take calls. They are busy doing what they do. It's frustrating believe me I know. But certainly not a reason to bring it here.

I agree with Griz. Take a breath people before you rush to the BOI.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!