Hot!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 09-10-2019, 08:40 PM   #11
WebSlave
Wouldn't mind seeing the Grand Canyon that way. Do you have a link I can take a look at to see if that have an origination point anywhere near north Florida?

One of the highlights in the Colorado trip we were looking forward to was a train ride along one of the old mining routes between Durango and Silverton.

https://www.durangotrain.com/

But I think the only way we are going to be able to make such a trip is to sneak up on it and plan on leaving like TOMORROW. Not give Murphy's Law any time to make it's own plans to wreck ours.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #12
JColt
Here is one for 13 day trip. You get shorter trips. You would have to set up. They can book you from nearest amtrack station to you. I think they have 3 day, 6 day, 13 day trips. I know from Ohio you always go to Chicago first. I have heard once you get to west Illinois it is a nice ride.

https://www.amtrakvacations.com/vaca...-grand-canyon/

Old 09-11-2019, 05:39 PM   #13
WebSlave
Thanks for the link.

Doesn't appear to be any Amtrak stations real close to Tallahassee that I have been able to find. And I sure as heck am not much inclined to drive into Chicago. We did a show once or twice in that area, and the trip through the surrounding area was rather depressing. We had to stop for the night halfway through, and I believe I slept with my hand touching my CCW gun. It was something like a 22 hour drive, if I remember correctly.

There is Amtrak service out of Mobile, AL, but it appears to be bus service.

I'll have to look closer later on. Might have to think about driving somewhere out west that we would want to visit anyway, and try to catch such a train excursion out of there.

Wish things weren't so darn complicated. Takes the wind out of my sails for things like this when the details start getting in the way.

Old 09-11-2019, 07:02 PM   #14
JColt
I know they have a stop in Orlando (Sanford). They have an Orlando to DC in which you can load your car up for $89.
Yes it is very confusing. I told wife it would probably be best to visit with a travel agent to get best deals. They have I believe 15% off for seniors 60 and over.

I do know from friends wife who goes to Milwaukee to visit family 2 or 3 times a year by amtrack and has lay over in Chicago. Said very clean with security.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!