Hot Sauce Time - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Member to Member Flea Market

Notices

Member to Member Flea Market This forum is for the sale or trade of anything you want, as long as it is legal and both parties respect the laws regarding buying and selling such items.

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 12:45 AM   #1
BWSmith
Hot Sauce Time

It is that time again ......... time for Cottonmouth Kiss Hotsauce

I don't have a job right now so I figure it is time to catch up on my hot sauce brewing since it takes quite a bit of time to brew and bottle. I will be done preparing the peppers tomorrow night and start brewing on Sunday. What is unique is that the primary ingredient is tabasco peppers which is almost unheard of in most sauces. The Tabasco company has deals with all the growers so you can't buy them, you can only grow them. Tabasco Inc also gives a bad name to the pepper since Tabasco Sauce is weak, but true tabasco peppers are very HOT. 100% of the peppers in this batch are home grown in my father-in-law's garden. I have already prepared 20 pounds of tabasco peppers, another 20 pounds of tabasco, Cowhorn Ceyanne, Jalapeño, and habanero left to go.

Luckily I had already ordered bottles so i have a couple hundred bottles ready to go both standard 5 oz and big 10 oz bottles. Last time I only made 100 bottles and sold out in 2 weeks without shipping but one box (a buddy on a sub).

If I get them done in the next week or so, they will be ready by middle of November. I am excited since it has been 5 years since the last batch. I predict a warm winter

And a few shots of the tabascos on the bush

Contact User Check User
Old 10-24-2008, 08:19 AM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
mmmmmm i love me some hotsauce! Keep us posted when you have it available will you BW?

Old 10-24-2008, 08:42 AM   #3
Junkyard
Well, you just tapped into my bad habit, I cannot get enough of hot sauce. I love everything from Black Widow to Final Answer, and all the way to Holy Chipotle. Will you be sending me a PM when they are ready for sale?

Old 10-24-2008, 05:32 PM   #4
BWSmith
After I see how much I am producing in the next week, I am going to make a page to preorder from. I don't think I am going to have enough 10 oz to go around. I only have 30 10oz bottles, but over 100 5oz bottles (standard size). I am going to keep 5 of the big bottles for me and family, but everything else is going to be first come first serve. I call it preordering because it has to steep for a couple weeks before I can label and ship.

This time I am keeping enough to last ME for a while.
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-24-2008, 05:39 PM   #5
Shadera
Ohh, that sounds like some gooood stuff. I'm gonna keep an eye out for the preorder!

Old 10-27-2008, 08:30 PM   #6
BWSmith
Not sure if I am allowed to post a link or not. If not, just remove the link

Alright, I got the preorder page done. I knocked half off shipping for all pre-orders. There will only be 25 of the 10 oz available so first come first serve.

http://www.animalsouth.com/hotsauce.mht
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #7
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWSmith View Post
Not sure if I am allowed to post a link or not. If not, just remove the link

Alright, I got the preorder page done. I knocked half off shipping for all pre-orders. There will only be 25 of the 10 oz available so first come first serve.

http://www.animalsouth.com/hotsauce.mht
hrm. something up with the code.

NM, works in IE. but not firefox.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:42 PM   #8
Cat_72
Worked for me....bought and paid for.

I can't wait.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #9
Suncoast Herpetological
Me too. One big and one small

Old 10-27-2008, 09:19 PM   #10
Shadera
Got a small bottle for us to try. Thank you!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread