Printable Gun Clips - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 02-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #21
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Not to do with guns but done with 3d printer

http://arstechnica.com/information-t...-year-old-boy/

Forgot the clip

Old 02-14-2013, 12:03 AM   #23
WebSlave
Probably the US government will try to kill, or at least greatly restrict from the public, this entire technology, claiming it can be too easily abused and therefore cannot be allowed in the public's hands.

The only way the government can control what is printed on one of these printers is by controlling what is scanned to produce the construct file for them. So it would be the scanners that would have to be controlled, not the printers.

Which, with any luck, will be nearly impossible to do in a practical manner.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:03 AM   #24
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Probably the US government will try to kill, or at least greatly restrict from the public, this entire technology, claiming it can be too easily abused and therefore cannot be allowed in the public's hands.

The only way the government can control what is printed on one of these printers is by controlling what is scanned to produce the construct file for them. So it would be the scanners that would have to be controlled, not the printers.

Which, with any luck, will be nearly impossible to do in a practical manner.
I don't think they will at all. I've been pressing receivers for AK's for years. This is just another avenue to what's already been done for decades, it's just easier.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #25
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
I don't think they will at all. I've been pressing receivers for AK's for years. This is just another avenue to what's already been done for decades, it's just easier.
But how much did the machines cost that would do that and how accessible were they to the general public?

Old 02-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #26
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
But how much did the machines cost that would do that and how accessible were they to the general public?
Very easy, you just need a press, drill, and this jiggy.

http://www.savvysurvivor.com/ak_rece...ending_jig.htm

TAPCO use to sell fully auto AK's in which the receiver was plasma cut in half for $100. We would buy the kit and and the receiver flat elsewhere for $20ish and make an AKM.

http://blog.legionarms.com/

Old 02-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #27
WebSlave
Quote:
Very easy, you just need a press, drill, and this jiggy.

http://www.savvysurvivor.com/ak_rece...ending_jig.htm

TAPCO use to sell fully auto AK's in which the receiver was plasma cut in half for $100. We would buy the kit and and the receiver flat elsewhere for $20ish and make an AKM.

http://blog.legionarms.com/
I'm sorry, but you are completely missing my point in this. NONE of those scenarios are anywhere near the ease that someone could just print out such things with a 3D printer.

Yeah, with a half way decent machine shop, anyone can make just about anything. But that is the point. Most people just don't have a decent machine shop. With a 3D printer, it no longer becomes necessary to have one to do many such things of this nature.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #28
Focal
I understand your point, it just doesn't make much sense to me. They didn't restrict internet purchases when the internet brought so much ease to weapon purchasing and modifications. They don't regulate YouTube when they show you how to make bombs and weapons at home (that are far easier than printing). They didn't restrict our rights when weapon manufacturers first started selling DIY gun kits for home. I understand your comment was speculation, but "ease" is all relative. Sure, pressing a receiver at home sounds difficult, but in the past, pressing a receiver WAS the 3D printer at the time. That has been our 3D printer for many years and no one pursued restrictions on this ... at least not what I have seen. I'm not saying you are wrong or what you are saying is impossible, just doesn't seem likely at this current time, but this is the point my last post focused on:

Quote:
You don't need a decent machine shop to press those receivers. The first one we did was done on a free vice at a residence, without the jig. All items are available to the public and cost far less than the 4-5 digit printer. If anything, ease is out of the window for both your argument and mine, because making the receiver isn't the hard part, with either method.

However, all that aside, I do agree with you if a specific weapons ban is in place.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #29
WebSlave
Quote:
I understand your point, it just doesn't make much sense to me. They didn't restrict internet purchases when the internet brought so much ease to weapon purchasing and modifications. They don't regulate YouTube when they show you how to make bombs and weapons at home (that are far easier than printing). They didn't restrict our rights when weapon manufacturers first started selling DIY gun kits for home. I understand your comment was speculation, but "ease" is all relative. Sure, pressing a receiver at home sounds difficult, but in the past, pressing a receiver WAS the 3D printer at the time. That has been our 3D printer for many years and no one pursued restrictions on this ... at least not what I have seen. I'm not saying you are wrong or what you are saying is impossible, just doesn't seem likely at this current time, but this is the point my last post focused on:

You don't need a decent machine shop to press those receivers. The first one we did was done on a free vice at a residence, without the jig. All items are available to the public and cost far less than the 4-5 digit printer. If anything, ease is out of the window for both your argument and mine, because making the receiver isn't the hard part, with either method.

However, all that aside, I do agree with you if a specific weapons ban is in place.
I guess that you just have a much more benign opinion of the government than I do. Plans are not the same as machine and technology that can BUILD such things as M16 lower receivers, full auto conversion parts, and realistically ANY non pressure stressed gun part at the push of a button. Not to mention the issue of copyright and patent infringements with all other sorts of parts outside of the gun issue. Virtually ANY monolithic part small enough to be scanned in 3D and printed out by a printer can be done in anyone's home with one of these relatively inexpensive devices. I'm sorry, but to think such technology will remain completely unfettered and without controls and restrictions is pretty darn naive, in my opinion.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #30
Focal
Well I was just trying to discuss, not be insulting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!