Zimmerman trial - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 07-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #21
Metachrosis
What the media isnt stating is the fact it IS NOT black verses whites
Which they are clearly not attempting to either

If it does "pop" youll have a front row seat to "Protect and Serve II"

Old 07-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #22
WebSlave
Am I reading it right that the judge will not allow evidence of Martin being under the influence of marijuana to be mentioned in court?

Old 07-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #23
Metachrosis
Nope,just the expert witness claiming he is certain suffered in pain for nearly 5min
after being shot.
At the very least I hope he heard is momma tell him "told you so" before he checked out

Old 07-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #24
Metachrosis
Should we take the thousands of people that are threatening to riot if George Zimmerman is found not guilty seriously? After all, people make idle threats online all the time. Sometimes people say things on Twitter or on Facebook that they don’t actually mean and would never actually do in real life. And of course not everyone that is threatening to commit violence if George Zimmerman gets off will actually go out into the streets and start smashing things. But without a doubt, it is quite alarming to have thousands upon thousands of supporters of Trayvon Martin publicly declaring that they are going to violently lash out if the verdict does not go their way. In fact, things are so tense that police in Sanford, Florida are actually going door-to-door right now in an attempt to cool things down. They remember what happened more than 20 years ago when a jury acquitted LAPD cops in the Rodney King case. Nobody should want to ever see a repeat of that. But our justice system has got to be able to function without having to be concerned about threats of violence if the “wrong result” is reached. George Zimmerman deserves a fair trial just like everyone else does. If he is actually guilty of a crime, then let him be found guilty. If he is not guilty of a crime, then let him be found not guilty.
This notion that he must be found guilty “for the good of society” is complete and utter nonsense. If we start allowing public opinion and threats of violence to determine the outcome of court cases, our legal system will lose all remaining credibility.
And honestly, right now the case is not going very well for the prosecution at all. It appears that there is a really good chance that George Zimmerman will be acquitted.
Hopefully the American people will accept whatever verdict is reached. If he is found not guilty, it should not be interpreted as an insult to one particular race of people. We are all Americans, and we need to start considering ourselves to be one people.
Unfortunately, racial tensions in this country are extremely high right now, and many are warning that if George Zimmerman is found not guilty that it will unleash a wave of rioting unlike anything that we have seen in decades. The following is from a recent article by Paul Joseph Watson
I fully expect organized race rioting to begin in every major city to dwarf the Rodney King and the Martin Luther King riots of past decades.” warned licensed private detective and former Chicago police officer Paul Huebl, advising people to “be prepared to evacuate or put up a fight to win. You will need firearms, fire suppression equipment along with lots of food and water.”
Columnist and former senior presidential advisor Pat Buchanan “The public mind has been so poisoned that an acquittal of George Zimmerman could ignite a reaction similar to that, 20 years ago, when the Simi Valley jury acquitted the LAPD cops in the Rodney King beating case.”

continued;
http://endoftheamericandream.com/arc...ople-handle-it

Old 07-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #25
WebSlave
Yeah, I already told Connie that I want to be stocked up so we don't have to go into town when the trial ends.

If the legal system can be influenced by the pressure of threatened riots to convict an innocent person, regardless of the evidence presented, then there is NO legal system in this country.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #26
JColt
Damn media. Zimmerman is a Spanish-speaking minority. I wonder if his last name had been Lopez, Herrera, or Espinoza if reporting would be different? Or if gun rights people would be nearly as interested?

Old 07-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #27
WebSlave
Yeah, or if the media hadn't insisted on only posting pics of Martin as a 12 year old portraying him as a "child" shot down just minding his own business walking home from buying candy from a store, maybe this wouldn't have blown up like it did. Seriously, if major riots do break out, maybe there is some legal culpability in the major media networks for how they inflamed this issue.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #28
Kristi23
I've been watching most of the trial. I'm not a fan of guns, but I don't think the prosecution has proven their case. I can't believe the judge thought that they had enough for the defense to start their case. I honestly believe the parents pressured them to get it to trial. IMO, there shouldn't have been any murder charges filed. Maybe a plea to minor charges with probation and no jail time. Zimmerman's story supports the evidence I have seen so far.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #29
Dennis Hultman
I read the judge just reversed himself and will now let the toxicology report in that Trayvon had THC in is blood.

I don't care what Trayvon was smoking as long as he wasn't hurting anyone else but He was!

Zimmerman's call to the police stated he appeared to be on drugs. That seems to be right.

Although the judge is now letting the toxicology report in he is still disallowing the photos on Travyon's phone in court.

Photos below.
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #30
WebSlave
Interesting...

Quote:
790.17 Furnishing weapons to minors under 18 years of age or persons of unsound mind and furnishing firearms to minors under 18 years of age prohibited.—
(1) A person who sells, hires, barters, lends, transfers, or gives any minor under 18 years of age any dirk, electric weapon or device, or other weapon, other than an ordinary pocketknife, without permission of the minor’s parent or guardian, or sells, hires, barters, lends, transfers, or gives to any person of unsound mind an electric weapon or device or any dangerous weapon, other than an ordinary pocketknife, commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
(2)(a) A person may not knowingly or willfully sell or transfer a firearm to a minor under 18 years of age, except that a person may transfer ownership of a firearm to a minor with permission of the parent or guardian. A person who violates this paragraph commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(b) The parent or guardian must maintain possession of the firearm except pursuant to s. 790.22.
History.—ss. 1, 2, ch. 3285, 1881; RS 2684; GS 3627; RGS 5558; CGL 7744; s. 1, ch. 65-187; s. 750, ch. 71-136; s. 2, ch. 76-165; s. 175, ch. 91-224; s. 2, ch. 93-416.
Source: http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2012/790.17

FL statute 790.22 can be found here -> http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...s/0790.22.html

Perhaps the judge feels that those photos will be self incriminatory of another crime.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!