Eastern box turtles - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 07-07-2017, 03:02 PM   #11
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by aciminski View Post
Google it
You are the seller of $850 worth EBTs from SC, I should be able to ask you, not Google.

Old 07-07-2017, 03:10 PM   #12
aciminski
I will have to charge you for all these questions lmfao...
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-07-2017, 03:14 PM   #13
Robert Walker
Quote:
I will have to charge you for all these questions lmfao...
Assuming this is code for "I don't know the answer myself"?

Old 07-07-2017, 03:20 PM   #14
aciminski
I've had a long day good try look it up yourself
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-07-2017, 07:16 PM   #15
Robert Walker
Quote:
look it up yourself
Great suggestion. I found that since 2014 you have been trying to sell Adult EBTs here on Fauna using two different accounts. I found that you have been or attempting to sell them outside of South Carolina since 2014.
"$500 for the pair shipped in the US"

I found that you dodged my questions repeatedly and deflected with childish responses instead. Captive bred adult EBTs or wild caught poached EBTs, makes a thinking person wonder and take pause?
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2017, 04:20 PM   #16
sdcr1121
Last I checked, there were no permits required to sell eastern box turtles in South Carolina. They are not a protected species. And I don't think you need a commercial permit to sell them either.

Old 07-08-2017, 07:27 PM   #17
clemmysnut
Agreed. Total BS. Wild caught if I ever saw one. Every spring in S. Carolina, tons of spotteds and ebt's go up for sale. Get a real job and quite raping the environment.

Old 07-08-2017, 07:30 PM   #18
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdcr1121 View Post
Last I checked, there were no permits required to sell eastern box turtles in South Carolina. They are not a protected species. And I don't think you need a commercial permit to sell them either.
This species does in fact receive protections from the State of South Carolina, as well as limitations in it's harvesting. Are you 100% sure this seller is selling CB EBTs? I'm not, hence the questions. If they are WC, are you able to definitively answer that this seller has not reached her maximum allowed limit of out-of-states sales of WC box turtles this year? What is the higher probability, in a state where these are relatively common, that these are CB or WC?

http://dnr.sc.gov/swap/main/2015Stat...aptersonly.pdf
“Through the (South Carolina State Wildlife Action Plan) SWAP we are taking a proactive approach to conservation instead of a reactionary one… Stressors include habitat loss or conversion, environmental contamination persecution by humans, illegal harvest,…

…the Eastern box turtle was added due to concerns with losses to the pet trade…

…The Eastern box turtle is being added to the list of Species in Need of Conservation in South Carolina. This species is relatively common in the State, but has become a target for the “wild-caught” pet trade. It was included in the list of turtles protected under the “turtle law” due to the concerns of researchers who have worked with the species for years. It is common for wild caught box turtles from South Carolina to show up frequently at Reptile shows and on reptile websites.”

Old 08-15-2017, 08:43 PM   #19
reconcharlie21
Turtles still available?

Old 08-15-2017, 08:58 PM   #20
reconcharlie21
Still available?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!