spider bite question and help in identifying spider - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Insects and Arachnids.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:14 PM   #1
rare jewels
spider bite question and help in identifying spider

Are there any spider bite kits available like there are snake bite kits? The reason I'm asking is because our exterminator warned us about banana spiders that migrate from South America and are known to hide in bananas; and if you get bit by one, you've only got seven minutes to live. Also, I've seen this one creature that looks like a spider. It's greyish brown in color, and it's maybe an inch or longer, and it looks like a crab spider except it always seems to move sideways. Can anyone tell me what kind that is? I don't have a way of taking a picture of any because I never know when one will show up. Finally, I've heard that Brazilian wandering spiders cause painful erections for males if they get by one; but what does a girl experience if she gets bit?
God bless, Jason Irelan

Old 09-25-2016, 04:28 PM   #2
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarejewels View Post
if you get bit by one, you've only got seven minutes to live.
Jason
That's pretty specific, and a search turned up info, but I have not seen the 7 minute warning anywhere else. Were it true, the alleged exterminator would have given you some info as to how he/she would deal with a bite. Great conversation starter though.http://www.planetdeadly.com/animals/...gerous-spiders

Old 11-15-2016, 03:21 PM   #3
rare jewels
Does that mean they don't have spider bite kits like there are snake bite kits? I absolutely can't stand spiders, but I'm more fond of snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!