Has anyone else received a business proposition from Mahmoud Massoud from Egypt? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-06-2005, 04:09 PM   #1
The BoidSmith
Has anyone else received a business proposition from Mahmoud Massoud from Egypt?

Yesterday I received a price list of animals from Egypt. At first I thought it was just another one of "those", but then I noticed this person is a member of Fauna. Did anyone else here receive a business proposition from this individual? Was it a mass mailing?

Thanks,

Dan

Old 03-07-2005, 12:01 AM   #2
gcsreptiles
I've gotten a few of them over the last couple months. I don't know if he's a scam or if he's an actual exporter.

Old 03-07-2005, 08:55 AM   #3
The BoidSmith
Gene,

The problem is that he is registered in Fauna. I just wanted to know if he is using the database to put together his "customers" lists. Unless I register with a site I don't like receiving unsolicited e-mails.

Thanks.

Old 03-07-2005, 04:49 PM   #4
mycurlylocks
Yep, it is a mass mailing. He sent one to me, and I don't even deal in reptiles. Looks like he was just grabbing the database.
Candy

Old 08-13-2006, 10:37 AM   #5
gamal sabry
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Yesterday I received a price list of animals from Egypt. At first I thought it was just another one of "those", but then I noticed this person is a member of Fauna. Did anyone else here receive a business proposition from this individual? Was it a mass mailing?

Thanks,

Dan
Dear sir

warning to all reptiles and animals dealers around the world , shaher khattab of king african rep and mahmoud massoud of african reptile center very big swindlers , they never work on reptiles business , just cheat dealers .

Those theif men does not represent all egyptian reptiles exporters those are a few wuold like to warn any one do not deals with them.

They also refused from the Egyptian exporters Reptiles Chamber

All the honest exporters put those two men in the BLACK LISTED Exporters

Sorry if i take some of your time but just to warn everyone

Thanks

Rgds

Old 03-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #6
ReptileAddictions
I as well got a unsolicited email asking if I was interested in his list I did reply and received the list.

,There was something of great interest to me on there. He did email promptly, call me when asked,answered all my questions, price quoted me. Was prompt, polite, prices were fair. Seemed okay.

I looked at the website which was the first flag, now this. Guess it might be a no go. Is there any details on why he is "black listed". Says hes been around 25-30 years. Thats a long time to not be doing business.....

Old 03-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
hhmoore
This thread has been moved from the General Business Discussions forum. The topic has progressed from the initial questions about unsolicited emails to that of business practices and related inquiries, which is definitely BOI material

Old 04-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #8
chadharper
I almost purchased a large quantity of reptiles from this man. I have a personal friend in Egypt who was to act as my middleman to insure I received my shipment, but after reading this I have since changed my mind. I am glad I did not send the money directly to him.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #9
dumje
is it just me...or did this thread start in the year 2005?

Old 04-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #10
cat snake
Thanks to gamal sabry for posting! Trading is hard enough (as the BOI shows) and international trading is even more likely to result in someone being scammed. Any cautions like this from our friends across the oceans is a great thing!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!