So....Who is going to screw up first? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #31
burm_daddy
Any living thing we ship is governed by the Lacey Act (as well as some nonliving things), not just the 4 species that were classified as Injurious Wildlife. Lacey involves a lot more than burms, rocks, and yellow anacondas...I know you know that Shadera, but anybody that doesn't should probably figure out what the Lacey Act is before posting a bunch of poorly informed comments.[/quote]

king snakes arnt on the lacey how can they be when they are found right here in the states

Old 08-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #32
hhmoore
Like I said.....

The Lacey Act was around long before this nonsense with Burmese pythons became an issue.
A quick Google search should get you started.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #33
Reptile Kings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
Again, thanks for the info/correction!
Anytime Alicia!

Old 08-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #34
burm_daddy
ok im sorry if im talking and dont know about it i try to stay up on it but i dont have time to read alot i have only had one day off in like 2 weeks are king snake on the lacey act and if so y

Old 08-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #35
salottimc
In all fairness, it would be FedEx physically transporting them across state lines. What are the odds that FedEx may stop the shipping of live animals because of this?

Old 08-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #36
hhmoore
With all due respect, you don't really seem to have a clue what the Lacey Act is - as I've already mentioned, it is a lot more than burms, afrocks, and yellow anacondas. There are numerous posts on this site about it, and there's always Google. Transport of any living thing - plant or animal - as well as some nonliving things (carcasses, skins, teeth, other parts, etc) are governed by the Lacey Act. As such, yes, king snakes are a part of it....as are perch, leopard frogs, and tomato plants.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #37
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by salottimc View Post
In all fairness, it would be FedEx physically transporting them across state lines. What are the odds that FedEx may stop the shipping of live animals because of this?
Pretty slim, unless it becomes an issue. It won't be the shipping company that gets in trouble, it will be the people sending and receiving.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #38
salottimc
I think I know quite well what it is. FedEx has no obligation to ship living animals, and if organizations like HSUS (which have already blew the large constrictor "problem" out of proportion) wish to turn any seizures into a media circus, FedEx might just stop dealing with it all together.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #39
salottimc
I think I might of taken your first comment incorrectly hhmoore. Sorry.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #40
Reptile Kings
To put it simply the Lacey Act was the first federal law protecting (all) wildlife (enacted 1900).
Today it's mostly used to prevent the importation or spread of potentially dangerous non-native species.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!