Bad Guy Derek and Rachael Mayhew, Inked Dragons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-05-2016, 01:02 AM   #1
Rhaianon19
Angry Derek and Rachael Mayhew, Inked Dragons

I purchased a bearded dragon from Inked Dragons on September 13th, and received her September 14th. There were issues with shipping but I chose to overlook them because the dragon was okay, and I did not feel it was my place to lecture the breeder about shipping. She was a bit on the thin side, but I figured I could fatten her up. She never ate great for me and was lethargic, sitting with her eyes closed, hiding and/or sleeping most of the day, so I tested her on Sunday 18th and found a high amount of coccidia.

I should mention I am a vet tech and did the test myself, had my vet confirm, and we decided to dry Albon. I had contacted the breeder when I first became worried before this, on Fauna, and I felt as though he brushed me off. After seeing she had a large parasite load, I was upset. In hindsight, perhaps I should have handled this better rather than saying "I won't be buying from you in the future" but I was pissed. The message I received back said they were "confused" and made it seem as though I was lying.

I received a message with a link to a page about coccidia, but this dragon was exhibiting other symptoms that made me concerned. So I left a review. We had a back and forth and they blocked me from the page. I then received a message from Rachel about coccidia and how I should not review something when I don't have the proper information. Initially I blocked her, but then my beardie has become worse and worse so I chose to send another message. I will just attach the screen shots since this is a lot to type.

Also I should mention she called my work, originally asking questions posing as a client. She then proceeded to say her husband was buying a dragon from me, but wasn't sure if she trusted me and advised him not to buy it. I have been so upset by this my coworkers know what is going on, so they knew immediately it was her once she said this. Although I work at a vet office, I do not feel as though they should have been brought into this. She also lied to me and said she gave her name when she didn't, and did not understand that since I am an employee, sometimes we don't have medical records typed up right away unless we need them.

I never asked for my money back, I had no agenda, I was just pissed I was sold a sick dragon. I was hoping they would offer to cover the medical expenses since there was a 14 day health guarantee, but I was told this guarantee was only good if I could prove she had this issue before she was with me. I will be testing her for ADV, since I never received her negative test, this week and will post an update.

If there are any other questions please ask. I only covered the basics since most of the information are in these screenshots.

This was the initial message I sent.

Since there are so many screenshots I have attached the PhotoBucket album, and all the messages should be in order. You can view my review on their Facebook page, just trying to cut down the amount of screenshots. Also if someone wants to notify them of this thread they are more than welcome as I have been blocked.

Old 10-05-2016, 01:04 AM   #2
Rhaianon19
Sorry, here is the Photobucket Link

http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/mf...bile%20Uploads

Old 10-05-2016, 07:05 AM   #3
Lucille
Marissa, it is better to post screen shots here rather than link to Photobucket, since Photobucket can be edited.
Could you please post a picture of the dragon the day you received her showing she was thin? Also, don't dragons sometimes get coccidia overgrowth when stressed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaianon19 View Post
I received a message with a link to a page about coccidia, but this dragon was exhibiting other symptoms that made me concerned.
What other symptoms?
How is your dragon doing now? I hope she is doing better.
I will send the other party a link to this thread.

Old 10-05-2016, 07:57 AM   #4
Rhaianon19
Lucille, there are almost 30 or more screenshots, and I am currently at work. I just thought this would be easier. And the pictures on photoshop are the screenshots, are you saying those can be edited?
Yes that can happen to dragons as they naturally have coccidia, but she had a very high load. Also she was lethargic, hardly eating (which progressed to not eating) and was becoming dehydrated despite my soaking her. At one point during treatment she also had a bowel movement with blood in it.

At this point I am syringe feeding her Critical Care, I have her on a probiotic, and she is getting soaked daily. We are taking a break from meds for a few days since they can be hard on the gut. In the past couple of days she has seemed more active, but is still not eating.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Old 10-05-2016, 08:06 AM   #5
Lucille
From the overview of the BOI, at the top of this forum:

"Members posting photos and screenshots as evidence need to do so using the file attachment procedure (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=304671) in their posts. Anything that is linked to an external source is subject to being removed at will by the poster, or possibly negated if the photo hosting service ends the ability to link to those photos from another site.

Once such evidence vanishes, then the entire thread can then be compromised and made pretty much useless to readers."

Old 10-05-2016, 08:14 AM   #6
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Could you please post a picture of the dragon the day you received her showing she was thin?
Could you please post that picture?
This seller has some negative BOI threads. However, I think it is reasonable to ask that you show that your dragon was ill when received, and did not become ill subsequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaianon19 View Post
There were issues with shipping
Can you please say more about this? If the shipping was substandard due to the fault of the seller, it might have contributed to shipping stress.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:19 AM   #7
The Hairy Whale
Coccidia is not as concerning unless it doesn't go away after an extended period of time or the levels are extremely high. The test for other parasites should help pinpoint the exact issue. However, the issues at hand, except dehydration, seem completely normal when it comes to relocation stress. As you should know it could take up to a month for the animal to become acclimated. Like Lucille said, pictures would help to determine the dragons physical condition.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:41 AM   #8
Mistyck
This person has had multiple issues. Several threads and always has an excuse for everything.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=566768

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru....php?p=1857216

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=549273

There is probably more than that, but that's just a quick search. Seeing as how he has a -1 in trader ratings, I know I would never do business with him. Couple that with his highly negative karma and that's a total kick to the curb.

Old 10-05-2016, 11:59 AM   #9
Rhaianon19
Lucille, I will post the pictures when I get off work as I am using Tapatalk and unsure how to post them when not on a PC.

The Hairy Whale, I do not think being lethargic and dehydrated is normal. Not to mention she was eating a very small amount which progressed to not eating, hence why I took her to the vet. The vet confirmed she was on the thin side as well as dehydrated, we even gave SC fluids at that visit, which was the 18th. She seemed to be declining since the day I got her, and I did not want her to become horribly sick. I have never had these issues in any other animal I have brought home. As stated, it was a high parasite load.

Old 10-05-2016, 12:02 PM   #10
Rhaianon19
Also in regards to the shipping, there was not enough insulation, cardboard/styrofoam that was 1/4 thick and there was not enough packing to keep the tupperware from moving, just some shredded newspaper. While I know airholes are not required, there were none and the label was sealed over the top of the box. The pack was taped on the bottom of the box directly below the dragon aside from a piece of newspaper wrapped around it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!