Am I feeding to much salad? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-24-2005, 11:54 PM   #1
PoohBear03031
Am I feeding to much salad?

Hi, I give Tequila about a cup of chopped greens, using collards and chiccory endive right now, a couple of Tble spoons each of finely shredded squash and sweet potato, a Tble spoon of another veggie (i try to change it weekly) and occasionally a half a Tble spoon of fruit. Is this enough, or too much? Thanks for any replies. Oh, Tequila is about a year old, give or take a few months.

Old 10-25-2005, 12:14 AM   #2
coyote
Is s/he eating all of it or are you consistently throwing a portion away every day?

Old 10-25-2005, 09:25 AM   #3
Reptileking636
all of my adults eat at least that, but almost always more. Sometime just feed her about twice that and see how much of it she eats, that should give you an idea of the correct portions.

Old 10-25-2005, 10:01 AM   #4
Matt Haines
I don't believe there is such a thing as too much veggies in their diet. We always feed them more than they can eat. Though it may be wasteful on our part, it assures that they all get their fill rather than being on half empty.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:17 AM   #5
InFocus
We try to feed enough so that the dragon is satisfied but not so much that it is wasted in the cages. Experiment, do like Mike said and feed twice as much and see how the dragon responds. Does it eat it all or leave it all untouched? I've found that skipping a day makes them more interested in the vegtables.

Old 10-26-2005, 05:59 AM   #6
PoohBear03031
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
Is s/he eating all of it or are you consistently throwing a portion away every day?

I have been having to throw most of the greens out

Old 10-26-2005, 06:23 AM   #7
PoohBear03031
Thanks for all the replies, I will try your suggestions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!