Bad Guy "ColdBloodz" aka Alex Acosta FRAUD - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:01 PM   #1
Cache Reptiles
"ColdBloodz" aka Alex Acosta FRAUD

On 10/9 we received an order totaling $182 for some roaches from the billing address of Matt Whitson in Northport, AL and a shipping address of "Aleks Acostah" in Bronx, NY. The order was fulfilled and shipped out as usual. We didn't receive any complaints about the order and presumed all was well. On 10/18 we received another order from the same billing and shipping address, this time for $299. Again, this order was fulfilled and sent out as usual. Then on 10/21 we received a chargeback for the first order ($182). Seeing as this customer had received both orders on time, this was more than a bit odd. We sent multiple emails to the customer without any response (and the last email sent was rejected by Gmail saying that the email address was invalid).

After doing some research and searching his email address (LexColdBloodz@gmail.com) we found him under the username "ColdBloodz" and imagine that, his name is Alex Acosta of Bronx, NY (you can see one of his old ads posted below). The phone number listed in his ad is also the one that was placed with the orders. After seeing this, we called the number listed and spoke with Alex. He completely denied having ever ordered anything from our website and said that he had only ever ordered from Dubiaroaches.com, but not our website (BuyDubia.com). He claimed that he didn't know the address that they were delivered to and that someone else must've ordered them with his name, number, and email address. When asked why he didn't question the confirmation, shipping, etc emails sent to his email address he said that he doesn't check that account and only uses his personal account: AAAcosta88@gmail.com.

Despite his claims, I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that someone used his name, email, and phone number and had them sent to the same city that he lives in to buy roaches of all things. Guessing that he used a stolen credit card to place the order and the owner of it filed the chargeback. Now we're out the money for the order as well as the roaches that were sent out. If you receive an order or are contacted by him, I would avoid him COMPLETELY. Not worth the headache.
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2016, 02:11 PM   #2
Robert Walker
FYI: I just sent Coldbloodz a message advising him of this BOI report.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:40 PM   #3
James L
This guy screwed me over on some anoles he claimed he produced.
I purchased what was suppose to be a cb 1.2 Anolis hendersoni from him. When I received and look them over, I thought immediately that the females were not hendersoni but semilineatus. The male was a definite hendersoni. No mistaking that. So I sent him a message asking if this was the case and he assured me he produced them. So I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Meanwhile I kept them like all other anoles I keep, outdoors in screen. All produce regularly over the months. Males express interest in females, except the trio of hendersoni. The male wants nothing to do with the cage mates. No aggression but just no interest.
So at this point it's been months. I decided to send buddy a message. I ask him to please explain why his cb hendersoni trio won't reproduce. I basically tell him he is full of crap. These are hendersoni females and you did not produce. He replies with some tips on care which I definitely didn't need from him. When I ask him for proof, something like photos of eggs, parents, enclosures etc. He doesn't respond and I realize I got screwed.
So knowing what I knew I couldn't do anything with them. I recently sold in a group of Mixed anoles as the appropriate species and lost money. Alot of time too.
I've deleted all the messages from him here on fauna because I needed the space. So I don't have much evidence except for photos of the anoles.
I hate to say negative things about anyone but I've wanted to call this dude out for a while.
I'm sorry he scammed you. He's a shady guy...

Old 11-04-2016, 03:41 PM   #4
James L
Are not hendersoni females...
Sorry

Old 11-05-2016, 02:01 PM   #5
herpetologies
Alex Acosta

Darien here with DubiaRoaches.com. I would like to inform people that this person has placed orders under Alex Acosta/Aleks Acostuh/Aleks Acostaah/Matt Whitson on our websites. He has used different addresses, and credit card numbers. Between all of his orders this month he has spent over $600 with us, and disputed one of the orders so far with his credit card company. Based on his multiple cards and billing addresses (one was an Alabama card), it honestly looks like he might be using cards other than his own. Just giving everyone a heads up to be aware of what he's doing.

Darien

Old 11-05-2016, 06:30 PM   #6
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by herpetologies View Post
Darien here with DubiaRoaches.com. I would like to inform people that this person has placed orders under Alex Acosta/Aleks Acostuh/Aleks Acostaah/Matt Whitson on our websites. He has used different addresses, and credit card numbers. Between all of his orders this month he has spent over $600 with us, and disputed one of the orders so far with his credit card company. Based on his multiple cards and billing addresses (one was an Alabama card), it honestly looks like he might be using cards other than his own. Just giving everyone a heads up to be aware of what he's doing.

Darien
Can the other orders be stopped and/or shipments recalled?

Also you may want to set up your POS systems so that orders that are not shipped to the billing address get flagged for review. We've had to do this in the firearms industry, as chargeback fraud on items like high-end optics and night vision is rampant.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:31 AM   #7
James L
You know what's funny, this guy has been on here everyday. Yet he's has nothing to say. I guess Alex is feeling a little guilty. Hiding in the shawdows and creeping on the people he's scammed.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:33 PM   #8
herpetologies
Unfortunately all of his orders had already shipped. And we just got ANOTHER chargeback for one of his other orders $299!! Can't believe people do things like this, but he will be the one who has to live with it...

Old 11-19-2016, 03:41 PM   #9
Michael Brown
Lol he contacted me about buying roaches as well. God bless this forum. Scam avoided

Old 12-20-2016, 06:21 PM   #10
James L
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=604976
Pretty open about being a thief, eh?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!