Someone needs a shed! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-04-2005, 05:32 PM   #1
A_Kendergirl
Red face Someone needs a shed!

Here's my big boy Gilean. He's now 70g! Back in February he was just 9g. I looked in today, and as you can see he's going into shed. I thought it was funny how everything is ready to go except the front of his head. If you are wondering about the water drops, I don't usually spray my geckos, but he walked in the way when I was spraying down his humid hide! He didn't seem to mind too much, just licked his face and kept walking.

Old 07-04-2005, 05:44 PM   #2
Borewyrm
How about a post of his home? Looks interesting.

Old 07-04-2005, 06:00 PM   #3
snowgyre
Yes, please post a pic of your setup! :-) Gilean's a good looking leopard! I love leopards with chunky heads like that. I think it's cute.

Old 07-04-2005, 06:05 PM   #4
A_Kendergirl
Here you go..it's crazy what you can do with some time, tiles, and silicone! These were taken right after I finished building it a few months ago...the plants are gone now thanks to some roaches! I just made another hidey-hole in the place of the plants.

Old 07-04-2005, 06:10 PM   #5
snowgyre
Holy cow, that's friggin awesome! I don't think I've ever seen a leopard gecko terrarium use vertical space so effectively like that. Well done! You used silicon to hold the rocks together? Any particular type of silicon? I'm pretty new at this naturalistic vivarium stuff.

Is Gilean alone in there, or does he have a few girlfriends?

Old 07-04-2005, 11:23 PM   #6
A_Kendergirl
Gilean is alone in his bachelor pad, and quite happy about it. Despite his size he's still only about 7 - 8 months old. You can bet he's gonna get some time with the ladies next year! Besides - that's only a 10g....and yes, I'm POSITIVE it's a 10g (a lot of people think I'm crazy about it being only 10g).

As for the silicone, I used 100% clear silicone. It's the same stuff the use of aquariums. Just let it cure for 24 - 48 hours before placing with the gecko.

The back wall is glued in place, but everything else can come out pretty easily. There are a total of 11 pieces, if you include the 2 panels for the floor.

I looks really cool, but it's quite heavy, and takes a good deal of work to keep everything clean. Next time, I think I'm going to try building stuff with foam.

Old 07-04-2005, 11:47 PM   #7
Borewyrm
Nice setup. And yes try foam with thinset morter on it.... much lighter

Old 07-05-2005, 01:29 AM   #8
neatochickens27
..thats very ni...HELL id live in it!

Old 07-05-2005, 03:09 AM   #9
thesnakecharmer
That is a GREAT set-up! And your lil' guy is very cute,, Looks like a spoiled boy for sure!

Old 07-05-2005, 03:37 AM   #10
Herpcam
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Kendergirl
Here's my big boy Gilean. He's now 70g! Back in February he was just 9g.

OMG. What are you feeding this boy, lead weights? That's awesome growth. Is he a Giant?

Great job with him and the enclosure, it looks really nice. Does he use all of it?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!