Anyone keep African Egg Eating Snakes? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-02-2005, 11:34 PM   #1
Karen Hulvey
Anyone keep African Egg Eating Snakes?

Does anyone keep any African Egg Eating Snakes? I'm thinking about getting a couple of them this year. I did a Google on them and could hardly find anything at all. I like the look of the snakes in the few pictures I did find. Eggs of any size are not a problem for me as I raise Zebra & Society finches, button quail, lovebirds and African Greys. I have tons of infertile eggs.

Old 01-03-2005, 01:02 PM   #2
Karen Hulvey
I shouldn't have said "tons of infertile eggs". It should have said tons of eggs I'm not going to incubate (button quail).

Old 01-03-2005, 09:53 PM   #3
eatinmachine
I was going to keep 1 of these but had one prob I have not been having a constant egg supply now I have a almost constant at the shows but was not going to keep birds just for eggs. Even though I want some anyways.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:08 AM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
they couldnt eat fresh chicken eggs could they? i dont know ANYTHING about these snakes so i could be thinking the snake is much bigger than it really is... but it sounds like a neat one to own. Ill google it too, maybe i can find something

Old 06-27-2005, 01:31 PM   #5
Karen Hulvey
I think an adult may be able to eat a banty chicken egg but I don't think they get big enough to eat full sized chicken eggs. I couldn't find very much on them and I still haven't found any for sale. If I come across one for sale, I think I'm going to buy it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!