ringneck snake care - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-23-2005, 10:31 PM   #1
Reptileking636
ringneck snake care

the title basically tells what i need to know. This is for a tiny(5") ringneck snake that i found when a toad that i caught spit out. I found him in florida and was just wanting to know how to take care of him. Right now i have him in a little kritter keeper thing with moist peat moss and a piece of bark for a hide. Any help would be great, thanks a lot.

Old 07-25-2005, 09:27 PM   #2
aliceinwl
Your set up sounds fine. I think in Florida you have the southern subspecies. I've heard that they'll readily take worms and small fish. It sounds like he's lucky to be alive!

-Alice

Old 07-25-2005, 10:40 PM   #3
Reptileking636
thanks, and yes he is very lucky. lol

Old 07-27-2005, 08:22 PM   #4
ilovesnakes
thats great!

thats great that you saved that southern ringneck snake I too find them in my back and front yard under paver's i also wanted to ask if it is normal for it to wipp it's tail a you and your set up is fine for now but if you want to upgrade to a bigger cage(this optional)feel free to do so!

Old 07-28-2005, 12:20 AM   #5
Reptileking636
yeah, when he gets a little bigger i will definately up the cage size, and thanks for the advice.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:25 PM   #6
ilovesnakes
if you dont no this then you must listen dont buy a viverium please, because the wedge is to big so he can easiliy get out just go for a regular terrarium but buy at least 4 or more clamps depending on his cage size and remember they love moist dirt or sphagnum moss and dont get anything fancy you no what i mean

hope i helped!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!