Feeding mealworms to baby dragons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
R&TB
Feeding mealworms to baby dragons

Its going to be a few days before my pin heads some in for my baby dragon. I have a thousand small meal worms on hand right now. I've heard a couple different thoughts of feeding meal worms to babies so I'm looking for advise. I've heard that it could cause death feeding and also othat its no problem to feed them. Does anyone currently feed meal worms to their babies? The babies are about a week old and eat crickets with no problem.
Any input would be great.
Thanks
Rob
www.rtbconstrictors.com

Old 07-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
Ed Clark
Feed sparingly, I feed about 2 times a week with plenty of greens.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
R&TB
Ed thanks I'll just need to feed them a couple times with the worms. They get fresh greens every morning.
Thanks for the quick response.
Rob

Old 07-31-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
dragonluver83
my dragons eat meal worms, mini meal worms, and super worms from small to large and i offer worms to my dragons every other day with crix, roaches, and canned grass hoppers and soaked rep cal pellets and assortment of greens.. i never have a problem wit worms EVER. and been feeding and breeding for the last five years.. my animals prefer the worms and there are days that worms is all they want! but i also dust everything i feed my animals with rep cal calcium. and minimeal worms from the people in florida. thats sometimes the only way i can get my babies to eat. i put worms in there cages and they go nuts!!! any questions contact me at 360Player@live.com

http://www.BaltimoreBeardies.com

Old 07-31-2009, 05:10 PM   #5
dragonluver83
oh and hornworms.. they love hornworms but feed hornworms sparringly i noticed my dragons gained alot of weight after only 2 and a half weeks... there more than perfect for that depleted muscles on gravid females or females that just layed eggs and need the nutrition.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
R&TB
Thanks for the information. I feed my adults a diet of mixed greens and what not with a combo of crickets, mealworms and superworms. I've always only fed my babies small crickets with the same green mix as the adults.
Thanks again
Rob
www.rtbconstrictors.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!