Should I buy it? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
Wilczusia
Talking Should I buy it?

I'm not in hurry to buy a lizard.I want to buy a lizard that will be easy for a starter.A lot of people told me to buy a bearded dragon.I want to ask few questions before I buy it and get some info.
So...
-What does it eat?
-Can I give it just a normal sand for the ground?
-is it better to buy a small one or a little bigger one?
-what temperature does he has to have?
-What lamps?
-where might be the best store to buy it in Chicago? (if someone lives in chicago)
-WHat kind of vitamins does he have to eat?
For now I can't think of anymore questions but if someone can tell me more info,just write it

Old 06-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #2
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilczusia View Post
I'm not in hurry to buy a lizard.I want to buy a lizard that will be easy for a starter.A lot of people told me to buy a bearded dragon.I want to ask few questions before I buy it and get some info.
So...
-What does it eat?
-Can I give it just a normal sand for the ground?
-is it better to buy a small one or a little bigger one?
-what temperature does he has to have?
-What lamps?
-where might be the best store to buy it in Chicago? (if someone lives in chicago)
-WHat kind of vitamins does he have to eat?
For now I can't think of anymore questions but if someone can tell me more info,just write it
Eats insects such as crickets, roaches meal and super worms and many other bugs along with a dailey salad that could consist of mustard,collard and turnip greens with grated squash,carrots with a nice sprinkle of calcium.

Small or large they make good pets.

Keep warm and warmer with a basking spot of around 110*F

Heat bulb and also a good uvb bulb.

I dont use vitamins all my insects get a nutricious diet(gut loaded). what goes in the bug goes in the dragon. some use vitamins.

A bath ocasionally is one way of letting them have a big drink of water.

Good luck with your new dragon.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #3
mmdragons
I think a juvie is better to start out off with cause little can go wrong
Sand in not the best idea but siffted play and or all lining things cal-sand which is white is good too.
Ed coverd food bulbs,
I use reptical once a week and baths are good,
The wheaton reptile expo or chicagoland all animal expo, same thing are were I've gotten all my dragons from, I also my have some dragons for sale....
Good luck Max

Old 09-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #4
Tonster307
Everything was basically covered but as far as how old it should be I would always go with something younger or a juvie not a full grown adult. It is always good to get your dragon when it is younger because they are just so cute to watch grow up!

As far as vitamins I give all of my insects calcium 6 days a week and then on the 7th day I will cover their insects with a multivitamin.

If you do infact get a dragon and it is younger I wouldn't use the reptisand until it is atleast 12" or so but some people may think differently.

Also, you should so do it!! These guys are so cute and just have so much personality compared to other lizards.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!