strange deaths any advice?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
sjsexotics
strange deaths any advice??

Well all my dragons are off the market for at least 6 months...
yesterday I went to do my normal morning clean and feed and found two dead dragons. In different tanks. One of my young juv in the juv tank and one of my big adults.
I was so upset and I had/ have no idea what happened
so my adult he regurged the day before he passed but no other symtems. all my dragons are de wormed ever 6 months
the juv was fine no symptoms at all just passed
juv and adult have had no contact except for me and in same room does RU spread like that and quick

all dragons eating dringking and pooping well
temps same and good.
first I thought it was the food i have just got a new shippment of worms

so i went to the vet with all 12 of my guys and he examined them and all he could find was that two sounded like they were haveing a little wraspy breathing and he said they should all be treated for respitory infection. My temps are nice and hot and the only water in there cages is there water bowls so not to high of humidity
so could one dragon have came in with respitoy and passed it to the others is it contagous like a cold?
and also have any of you heard of any new bugs going around that present themselves like this that I should be worried about.
I am a totally worry wort I pulled all cages apart bleached everything and have them all on batryl oral for 7 days per vet orders

please dont say anything bad I love my dragons and feed and care for them twice a day I had no idea anything was wrong and this cam aw a total shock. I am so sad and just want to make sure I am doing all I should be to treat my babies and make sure they go back to a full recovery
any advice is much needed thanks

Old 09-05-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
mmdragons
I have a ? Do you have sand or particle substrate in there cages. Is there a way they could have inhaled some toxic substance like cigarette smoke or so other type of "bad air" I am not trying to imply anything just trying to help you out. As far a throwing up in the older one have you ever seen that dragon drink from the water bowls, cause Awhile back I had a young girl doing the same but aftr being soaked and drank some then had no problem. let me know so I can help more.
Maxwell

Old 09-05-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
Bring them to a vet to get a necropsy. Only way you will get definitive answers.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #4
sjsexotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdragons View Post
I have a ? Do you have sand or particle substrate in there cages. Is there a way they could have inhaled some toxic substance like cigarette smoke or so other type of "bad air" I am not trying to imply anything just trying to help you out. As far a throwing up in the older one have you ever seen that dragon drink from the water bowls, cause Awhile back I had a young girl doing the same but aftr being soaked and drank some then had no problem. let me know so I can help more.
Maxwell
they are in laminated type cages.and they are kept on cage carpet and newspaper.We dont smoke and yes he did always drink from the water bowl and as of now all are doing very well and the necropsy I did have done on the adult but nothing yet

Old 09-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsexotics View Post
the necropsy I did have done on the adult but nothing yet
Why not both?

Old 09-05-2009, 11:05 PM   #6
sjsexotics
it was just more money then I can afford.... I ammainly a rescue that does breeding on the side We dont have a ton of money. but I went and got a second opinion on the others and one test showed corona virus so all are being treated for that and doing super well strange to me though is they never had loose bowls they are even harder now but were never runny before

Old 09-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #7
sjsexotics
I will haveall these guys in QT for the next three months unless I get a different result back that tellmeto do differently

Old 09-06-2009, 06:19 AM   #8
Lucille
With the deaths happening in two different tanks it could be contaminated food bugs.
It looks like you have gone all out to see what killed them, good for you. I hope that the rest of them stay healthy, and I'm sorry for your loss.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #9
sjsexotics
thanks so much and i am worried about food as a source so i did get rid of my supply and got a supply of roachesn

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!