ed clark- liar, theif, bad guy- will you answer questions NOW? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:46 PM   #11
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
Wes,
As much as I agree with you that Ed should answer some of the questions he left hanging and had gone downhill in the credibility section, I don't think this thread is going to do much of anything and was not worth starting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfrog
This is why most breeders I know couldn't care less about this site, don't use it, and try to forget it exists. Simply, anyone can run your name through the mud at any time for any or no reason. Responding to a thread simply makes more threads, so the best thing as some see it is to ignore this site completely. IMO the only use for this site is buying over the internet, as it's not really easy to check the BOI before buying something at a show. So people who don't primarily sell on the internet are much less likely to care about this site or even show up on it as a good or bad guy. Sure, Ed may be a bad guy, but I have also seen some good guys(IE Glades Herp thread) be drug through the mud for no reason and no matter how many of us come to their defense, when a user does a search, they will see the bad guy thread.
I honestly use the site for entertainment purposes as I don't do much internet buying and the people I do buy from over the web I already know by reputation.
Steve, I have my reasons, which heretofore have always been good enough so therefore, here after, are still good enough. For me anyway.

Mark, did you even READ that thread? Out of the gate you had fauna members defending Glades and letting people know that paulina was a lying kid.

That is NOT being dragged through the mud. That is getting splased by an inconsiderate fool and having strangers stop and help you clean up.

Anyone who goes only by thread titles to figure out who is good and who is bad is an idiot. Plain and simple.

Just like you can't judge a book by its cover, you can't judge a thread by its title. You may be able to come close but you owe it to yourself to do a bit of research. Not you in particular Mark, the big you who read on this site.

mr. clark, you admonished me in another thread about asking you questions, after posting that we should feel free to ask them, went so far as to warn me about it, which I found highly amusing, then tucked tail and ran to Rich, as is your habit. You also mentioned that the only place for such questioning was here, on the BOI.

Well skippy, here we are, on the BOI. Got anything to say or are you still just a lying cowardly scumbag?

Old 03-03-2008, 03:06 PM   #12
cyberfrog
Sorry Wes, maybe the intent of my post came across wrong. It's not an attack on you at all, just a comment on what others were saying about needless comments and unfounded threads. I have read the old Ed Clark threads in the past and he certainly couldn't do any worse with this little thread. Just wanted to let you know. Also, I bet alot of first time buyers will look at the thread title only and ignore the actual posts, especially when a thread is 10+ pages long.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:12 PM   #13
hhmoore
Quote:
This is why most breeders I know couldn't care less about this site, don't use it, and try to forget it exists. Simply, anyone can run your name through the mud at any time for any or no reason. Responding to a thread simply makes more threads, so the best thing as some see it is to ignore this site completely. IMO the only use for this site is buying over the internet, as it's not really easy to check the BOI before buying something at a show. So people who don't primarily sell on the internet are much less likely to care about this site or even show up on it as a good or bad guy. Sure, Ed may be a bad guy, but I have also seen some good guys(IE Glades Herp thread) be drug through the mud for no reason and no matter how many of us come to their defense, when a user does a search, they will see the bad guy thread.
I honestly use the site for entertainment purposes as I don't do much internet buying and the people I do buy from over the web I already know by reputation.
I know this is off-topic, but I couldn't resist addressing this briefly.
There is a lot more to this site than the BOI, and, unfortunately, much of what Faunaclassifieds offers seems to get ignored. The discussion forums are as user friendly as most that I have encountered, and there is a great deal of difference between the type of posting allowed there vs here (the BOI). Sure, there are cliques in the various areas - as there are on ANY online forum, but the members (for the most part) aren't against new people joining rank.

Yes, things are different on the BOI, and people are free to post their experiences - good, bad, or in combination. Glades Herp, as an example, may be a "good guy" overall, but they have dropped the ball at times...and there is no reason to protect them from their mistakes. In the recent Glades thread - which was an attempt to add a black mark to their record - the poster was immediately, and thoroughly, discredited...anybody opening that thread and willing to invest about 15 seconds could see that.

You are correct that anybody doing a BOI search will see whatever threads have been posted about an individual or business...as well as the way people conduct themselves (those named in the thread, as well as those posting). The fact that it stays is part of the benefit - when somebody blows a gasket, or is totally off the mark, it isn't just swept under the carpet by being deleted. When somebody makes good, that is here too (as well as the evidence of how willing - or not - they were to do so). As has been said multiple times, in various forms - it is great to know that a person has 110 great transactions...but it is his/her response to the one that goes bad that speaks the loudest.

I'd better stop now, before I take this off on other tangents.
(back to the topic of Ed Clark)

Old 03-03-2008, 03:14 PM   #14
Wilomn
Quote:
Sorry Wes, maybe the intent of my post came across wrong. It's not an attack on you at all, just a comment on what others were saying about needless comments and unfounded threads. I have read the old Ed Clark threads in the past and he certainly couldn't do any worse with this little thread. Just wanted to let you know. Also, I bet alot of first time buyers will look at the thread title only and ignore the actual posts, especially when a thread is 10+ pages long.
And I didn't mean to call you Mark, Adam. Man I suck at names.

But I stand by what I said. The Faithful Fauna Readers will stick up for people who are unjustly accused in bad guy threads. Note the TOTAL absence of anyone defending mr. clark here. We ALL know he's a scumbag, I'd just like some answers.

Also, anyone who only reads the title is not doing themselves justice.

In general I would say by the first 10 posts you know if someone is full of crap or not. Anyone who can't read 10 posts into a thread to verify the title shouldn't be using the BOI anyway.

Time will make this more obvious.

Sure, a newb might just skim titles but even then they will most likely have a pretty good idea by how many are good or bad about someone as to what type of business they run.

I have no clue about mr. clark's numbers but I'd bet he's got far more bad guy threads than good guy threads just as I'd bet Glades has far more good guy threads than bad guy ones.

Anyway, no offense taken and sorry about the name thing again, it was unintentional.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #15
Wolfy-hound
Why can't the people who have the issue put the thread up against Ed Clark?
I thought that was how you were supposed to do a BOI thread in the first place. Weren't there threads about the geckos not getting shipped? Weren't there threads about the worms?
I think if someone has a complaint they should step up and post it. Coming in and starting threads just to get people responding, as if you really don't have a agenda, makes you look manipulative.

If there's already a thread on the subject, then posting on it, gives the readers who see it up on the front page again the Full Story.
If someone doesn't feel it necasary to make a thread about an issue, then what is the point in a 3rd party in starting it?
I'm not defending Ed Clark, there's plenty in the relevant threads about him, but wondering why the threads suddenly getting started without the OP being the aggrieved party.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:58 PM   #16
Wilomn
It's not sudden Theresa. It's happened before and doubtless will again.

Sorry you don't understand why.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:19 PM   #17
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Mr. Clark, you admonished me in another thread about asking you questions, after posting that we should feel free to ask them, went so far as to warn me about it, which I found highly amusing, then tucked tail and ran to Rich, as is your habit. You also mentioned that the only place for such questioning was here, on the BOI.
Yes Wes I had to reprimand you in the amphibian discussion forum for your bad behavior and I guess this thread is a payback for having the nerve to tell you how to act in public.

The fact that you and I have never conducted any business between each other makes everything you say 3rd hand information.

So to continue your vendetta against me you start a bad guy thread on the BOI with 3rd hand information to get revenge.

Like it or not the BOI is not your playground and should not be used as a weapon to smear an innocent gentleman like myself.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:22 PM   #18
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark

Like it or not the BOI is not your playground and should not be used as a weapon to smear an innocent gentleman like myself.
mi mi mi la la la la harumph harumph cough cough mi mi mi mi

AHAHAHahahahAHAHAHAHAHhahaHAHAHAHahahahahahAhahaha hahahah

You have GOT to be kidding, right?

Innocent? Gentleman?

Lying sack of crap is MUCH closer to what you are than those two words.

Thanks for the chuckle skippy.

Now, you gonna answer any questions about your lies and theivery or are you just going to slink away?

Again.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:27 PM   #19
Wilomn
Quote:
Yes Wes I had to reprimand you in the amphibian discussion forum for your bad behavior
Quote:
But when in doubt, give me a shout. haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Does this apply to the ball pythons you sell or is it exclusive to frogs?
Reprimand?

Bad Behaviour?

Go here, use it before making yourself an even BIGGER fool.

www.dictionary.com

Old 03-04-2008, 01:36 AM   #20
Cat_72
Soooooo.......I take it this means you still aren't going to answer any of the questions, Ed?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark