ED Clark (BAD GUY!!) - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #91
rabernet
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
As far as the two geckos goes, aside from the different markings, the cilia on the side of the head are noticeably different.
That's what I had noticed as well (although I was calling them crests in my mind). They are different in the two photos of the questionable female. Do they change with age, or stay the same?

Old 07-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #92
Jaybee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den
I think they are the same, especially when comparing the mark on the right rear "knee" of the female. But I'm no expert...
The "kneepad" marking is again a common trait and is seen fairly often. I have four unrelated (or as unrelated as captive cresties can be) geckos with the trait, and I have a fairly small collection (around 20).

Are my posts invisible? I feel like folks are not reading them. I even put in pictures. I don't really want to resort to making insults and crude comments in order to be read I do want to help people understand that the geckos depicted are not the same.

There is a visible notch in the female that the OP has, that is absent in the picture from the seller. The cream does not just leave in spots like that. A twist in the back of the gecko will not make a large notch appear in the pattern. At most, it would be distorted. It is not there at all. They are not the same gecko.

The side markings on the OP's gecko are almost invisible compared to the gecko she claims she was buying. Those side markings are cream. They do not disappear.

Again, I am not saying I am siding with the OP, or the seller. I am just trying to put the info out there.

I am just frustrated because many folks speaking up one way or the other admit to having little or no experience with cresties. You guys and gals are awesome with recognizing snake patterns, I've seen you gut a scammer trying to pass off one snake as another using matching patterns from much less-matching angles than the OP here has provided, but cresties aren't snakes. They do change color in some ways, but just because parts of the pattern change do not mean that the entire thing changes. I have never seen bits of the cream change or disappear in an adult, especially in what, 2 months? 3? Please look again at the side-by-side top-down comparison of my male. I can take more pics if anyone wants me to, using different animals if you wish, to prove that cream doesn't just up and walk away. Please just ask!

OP you do need to come back and give more info though if people are asking for it. I don't want to fight your battles if you've walked off the battlefield :P

Dang, look at all these words that everyone is just going to skip.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:57 AM   #93
Jaybee
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabernet
That's what I had noticed as well (although I was calling them crests in my mind). They are different in the two photos of the questionable female. Do they change with age, or stay the same?
Outside of being gnawed off by another gecko, in my experience they do not change. I have geckos from one breeder that have very thin, brittle-looking cilia/crests/pointy things, and they stay that way. I have others with nice fat cilia that seem close together compared to the brittle ones. I have not noticed them changing.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #94
rabernet
Jen, I've felt the same way here as well, and not just on the BOI but in the regular forums as well. I'm not sure why that happens, but it does, unfortunately.

Your pictures are excellent examples that helped me to see how the cream doesn't fade. Can you answer the question about the cilia as well? Does those every change, because to MY eyes, that's the most dramatic difference when comparing the two pictures.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:59 AM   #95
rabernet
You're too fast Jen - thanks for answering that!

Old 07-11-2008, 12:05 PM   #96
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee
Dang, look at all these words that everyone is just going to skip.
People do not always respond. But i am reading what you are saying

Dont worry about not being seen, you are. If it is in fact not the same gecko, Ed... Please explain this.

Keep addressing it. Maybe that female got mixed up, and i say, i cant blame it if thats what happened they really do look AWFULLY similar! But its on you to explain, and send the right gecko.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #97
KelliH
Quote:
Are my posts invisible? I feel like folks are not reading them. I even put in pictures. I don't really want to resort to making insults and crude comments in order to be read I do want to help people understand that the geckos depicted are not the same.
Nope, you are not being ignored and you are just saying the same thing that I said: those are two different females. I've been keeping cresteds longer than most posting here and it is pretty obvious to me that they are not the same. Look at the structure of the crests on the head, the markings on the head, the "eyelashes" rather than the color.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #98
Scrletbegonia88
wow first off i didn't think would get this many replies so soon. i have no problems with the male he other than his calcium sacs were low.As for the female she looks very similar to what was photographed. If you looked closely the spots on the sides are not matching and the crests of the female gecko photographed are significantly smaller then the gecko received. Another problem is the protruding hips which is caused when geckos are not receiving the right amount of calcium and cannot be reversed(something Ed must have forgotten to tell me).

As for the time line i had contacted Ed in mid May and continued a payment plan through June. I barely had the geckos for 2 weeks.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #99
Scrletbegonia88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Anna, I don't know why you would post something like this?

You loved them when they arrived.

Then the countless emails and phone calls started. you told me I sent the wrong geckos, etc, etc.

I called you and talked to you and I offered to send you a baby red morph and I also said I would pay fedex shipping to you. that was like 2 days ago.

I also told you they were small babies and I needed to get them feeding good and I would ship in around 2 weeks. you agreed to this.

I don't owe you anything, this baby crestie was a gesture of good will.
yeah i loved them when i arrived but when i started examining them i noticed the girl was the wrong one and that she had some hip problems. when i told you that and showed you pictures you just said be patient the girl will fire up red. When she fired up Brown i took pictures and even though they were not the best you could easily tell they were different and then you just mysteriously disappeared. So when you called back my boyfriends you said keep the female and that you would have give me a free gecko and that you would call me in a couple of days. you disappeared again. you wouldn't answer calls and emails.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:40 PM   #100
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
I called you and talked to you and I offered to send you a baby red morph and I also said I would pay fedex shipping to you. that was like 2 days ago. I also told you they were small babies and I needed to get them feeding good and I would ship in around 2 weeks. you agreed to this.
If that time line is correct (and anna doesn't seem to dispute it), then I don't think she had any business to start a bad guy thread about you.

I think you won this one.

There goes my theory about you and good business and when pigs fly.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark