Ed Clark,don't buy frogs from him! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:29 PM   #31
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafim
The frog in the photos posted on fatfrogs looks pretty healthy to me. I do not see any abrasions or ulcers on the skin. If there was no guarantee on the sex and it arrived safely I think Ed lived up to his end of the transaction.

I kinda have a sick feeling in my stomach for siding with Ed on this one but the evidence supplied looks like he did his job. On another note I have purchased amphibians and had them shipped few people even offer live arrival guarantees..
I could not agree more John, but in all fairness Ed is not looking like he is to blame on this one.

As for that sick feeling you speak of, I get every time I see someone with an animal they just got, and then try to find out the proper care. It kinda burns me up to no end, just sad it all I can say about this.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:31 PM   #32
varnyard
just sad IS all I can say about this.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #33
SPJ
Hate to say it but it doesn't look like Ed did anything wrong here.
Some people don't even offer a live arrival with frogs. Ed did and it appears it arrived alive, doesn't look like it has ulcers and he completed his end of the transaction as expected. Unfortunately it looks like it went to an inexperienced keeper with the wrong type of setup.
I don't think Ed is the bad guy here.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #34
jayefbe
I want to know what this girl did with the frog the day she got it? What did she do that made her worry that she had put it under too much stress that it died?

When I get a new snake, the thing sits in a cage in quarantine (which is also a low traffic area) and doesn't get touched for at least a week, or until it's fed. And when I had frogs they were never held, I always considered them a look but don't touch animal. Anyways, it looks like the girl has a guilty conscience and is trying to pin the blame on anyone else.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:25 PM   #35
K412
Wow, everyone moves fast here.
Firstly, the humidity in the enclosure was at 60%. It is slightly high but the ventilation was appropriate.
When I sent the pm to ask if they could fall and hurt themselves it was because when I checked on her she was on top of the rock on the bottom of the enclosure. This is where she stayed for the one day that I had her. I was very remorseful about the frog and initially felt very guilty until I realized that something must have been wrong. That is when I went to other forums to explain the whole story and ask more experienced keepers their opinions. I have other frogs and they are thriving.
How could there possibly be any type of necrosis in a healthy animal, not possible.
Someone asked if I had sent the frog to CA, no I did not, my Vet uses that one in particular and since I needed more than she could provide she sent her remains elsewhere.
I understand that it is a frog. I don't want anyone else to get one and have it die because it is very upsetting when a pet dies no matter what kind of animal it is.
Ed is now trying to blame me, however, the purpose of the necropsy was to ease my conscience and prove that I was not to blame and I am not to blame.
Apparently Ed resorts to name calling and hate speech, I however do not.
I just don't want any more frogs to die because he wants to make a dollar.
I did not know anything about faunaclassifieds prior to getting the frog from Ed.
I stated before that if I had I never would have ordered the first one.
Oh, the ornate did not bake on my porch at all. I was home the entire day waiting for the frog and opened the box right away. That one probably could have been saved by a cold pack if one were in the box which there was not.
Ed is all about the almighty dollar but I hold myself to a higher standard.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:28 PM   #36
K412
I did not stress the frog, I was aware that they stress easily. The details are in my first post.
The enclosure was covered on 3 sides and in the corner of a low traffic area in my house.
THE BOTTOM LINE IS THE NECROPSY RESULTS.
I will post the results of the Chytrid test when I get them.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:38 PM   #37
John E Dove
Please post a scanned copy of the Necropsy report as well as ALL communications you have had with Mr. Clark. It might go a long way toward proving your cae but at this point I am inclined to agree that Mr. Clark honored his Live Arrival.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:39 PM   #38
John E Dove
PS don't forget the headers, times and dates, with the communications.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:03 PM   #39
porkchop48
I Have to comment here.
When you get a frog you should QT it first regardless of who it came from. Not just throw it into a viv.
Monitor it's eating habbits and make sure it is healthy and eating well ( in a simple set up) before you stick it in a more elaborate setup.

The paper towels are way to wet and the do need a bit of circulation.
Most frogs dealers/ breeders offer arrive alive guarantee but that is it. It arrived alive. And in no way should he be responsible for the vet bills.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:16 PM   #40
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by K412
I did not stress the frog, I was aware that they stress easily. The details are in my first post.
The enclosure was covered on 3 sides and in the corner of a low traffic area in my house.
THE BOTTOM LINE IS THE NECROPSY RESULTS.
I will post the results of the Chytrid test when I get them.
The bottom line is not the necropsy Kelly; this is clear in the fact that you contacted Ed after you received the frog asking questions on the proper care. I do not know, nor do I care how long you have kept frogs, however, if you are the expert that you claim to be, then you should have been wise enough to do the homework on the proper care long before making the purchase of a new animal.

A good keeper does the homework first, and if you would have done yours the frog might still be alive with no need of a necropsy. I will also add, you say the humidity in the enclosure was at 60%, which is not true, the pictures show the paper towels are very soaked and sopping wet. You are in the wrong place to try to pull the wool over eyes. You claimed the frog was awesome, then it went down hill in your care, and that’s the true bottom line.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark