Ed Clark,don't buy frogs from him! - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:19 AM   #81
K412
By hiding illness I mean that they aren't as obvious as in mammals.
Animals that are a prey species fair better to disguise illness that predatory animals.
Thank you for that post it was very informative.
I have a cranwell and an ornate. They are the only other frogs that I have owned and they are doing well.

Ed, I just wanted to ask why you took your Ads off of Kingsnake. The first one that you posted was on the 15th of August of this year and the second, if memory serves, was on the 22nd. The Ad on the 15th had the frogs size as 2 1/2 svl and the second had them at 1 1/2.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:35 AM   #82
crazyfroglady
I'm very curious to see the results of the chytrid test considering he claims to treat all of his frogs. I'm chiming in on this forum becuase I got tired of reading that this was k412's fault.

To the person who keeps mentioning that the humidity is too high in her set up can quit. It's already been said that humidity will not kill an aussie white overnight.

To the person that said she was an inexperienced keeper should quit assuming just because she was asking questions that it was her fault. Care sheets are almost always wrong. For example: almost all of them say using sphagnum moss for just about every frog is ok.
I ask a million questions because I want to make sure I'm doing it right regardless of what the care sheets say.

To the people that said leasons are not clearly visible made their own point. They're not CLEARLY visible because you only saw the top side of the frog.

To the person who said that chytrid fungus does not kill right away apparently doesn't own a whites because that is clearly a Juvenile frog. This frog could have been harboring the fungus since it was a tadpole.

And last of all to ED! You sir are a Jerk plain and simple. Anytime someone tries to call you out on not breeding, sending sick animals, sending the wrong animal you ignore it, and ignore it, and ignore it some more. You leave people no choice but to call you out publicly. And then you blame it on them. I know of quite a few cases where you sent the wrong animal and still blamed it on the buyer. K4 beat me to the punch on the last aussie white he had thing. You posted several pics of aussie whites in that thread ED, so who's the liar? It's amazing to me how many people play the devils advocate here. The point is this. If you had taken care of this VIA PM on fatfrogs ED like k4 tried to do this thread would have never been started.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:38 AM   #83
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by K412
By hiding illness I mean that they aren't as obvious as in mammals.
Animals that are a prey species fair better to disguise illness that predatory animals.
It's sometimes easier to see behaviors related to illness in mammals because there's more common behavior there to sympathize with.

When it comes to the physical manifestation of symptoms though, the physiology and immune responses of amphibians are such that any illness which will display outward signs will do so in an obvious manner. Given the basic premise that there is anything which will be displayed upon visual inspection, amphibians will display it; sick amphibians are generally extremely easy to spot, not difficult.

Further, since all frogs and toads are strictly predatory as adults, your rationalization for that argument simply isn't accurate. With the rare exception of certain apex predators, the majority of carnivores (piscavores, insectivores, etceteravores) are both predator AND prey species in their natural environment.

I do not know who told you that amphibians will "hide" an illness but it's an inaccurate generalization that you should not spread any further.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:44 AM   #84
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfroglady
that is clearly a Juvenile frog
Two-two and a half inches stvl with a belly full of eggs is not a juvenile frog. For a whites, it's a young adult.

Even if the length were not given as undisputed fact in the thread and the claim was not made about the eggs, the clear visual of the well defined timpanic roll is an indication that the higher caloric demands of a juvenile animal have ended.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:57 AM   #85
crazyfroglady
I'm sorry atleast a juvenile. I never claimed to be an expert. How come you're not picking through ed's post correcting every inaccuarate statement he makes?

Old 09-02-2008, 06:00 AM   #86
Lucille
QUOTE=jayefbe] Could the ulcerations and bacteria have occurred post-mortem? I mean, the frog was shipped to CA, so it's possible that improper shipping conditions led to an unreliable diagnosis..[/quote]

I would like a frog expert to comment on this. The frog died. Then the frog was taken to a local vet. Then the frog remains were shipped to California. Is there a possibility that with all this transport, the frog's remains were not kept sufficiently chilled and bacteria invaded and multiplied?

Old 09-02-2008, 06:36 AM   #87
Ed Clark
You have no new messages · fChat

Inbox Sentbox Outbox Savebox

Fat Frogs Forums Forum Index
Inbox :: Message
To: ed clark
Posted: 2 Aug 14, 2008 8:59 pm
Subject: FUCKING CRICKETS!!!!!!!!!!
So last night I put 3 in and 45 miinutes later got all 3 out. Tonight I put in 2 and am waiting patiently. How can I make sure he eats them? He is afraid of the tongs.
He sure isn't a pacman frog.

I have to find a way to keep those damn things oputside, jesus they stink!!!